Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING BEST DAY EVER!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Briana C.
      Participant
      67 posts Send Private Message

Back ground: I have two  outdoor   bunnies, it would be nice if they were indoors but I cant help it. Neither of my boys are neutered but I am saving up my money, because the prices are outrageous here.

Jetson- big lop bunny, scardey cat, under one year old, carefree,  scared of greyson.

Greyson- dwarf bunny , dominant, high strung, 5+ years old.

I try to take my bunnies out AT LEAST every other day so they can play in their play pen and run in the grass. But for the past two weeks Jetson REFUSED (I USUALLY leave them a choice (they know what the carrier cage means) It was very strange, he normally gives me some trouble, but not too much. So today was determined that Jetson was getting out , like it or not. After feeding the buns clover and timothy hay I went in so they could finsh eating then back out, with banana in hand to lure Jetson out. Well my sly little devil of a bun snatches the whole thing and hops away.  I get it back but he ate enough that he wouldnt want any more So my anger got the best of me and once Jetson came within my reach I grabbed him and didnt let go till I put him in his run. He fought me and kicked  like a donkey, but once he was in his run he was, like always the happy carefree, binkying bunny I love. I spend about 45 minutes with him alone, he runs like crazy then digs and plops down, rolls in the dirt with this adorable look on his face then looks at me, and i go to him and pet him and he nearly falls asleep. Then I decide that its time for Greyson to come out. I put him in the run and immedialey, as always they go to sniff each other. Then routinley Jetson darts away like Greyson showed him a gun.  Any time Greyson flinches, Jetson runs like theres no tomorrow.  I decide to calm Jetson down,  as soon as i pet him he plops to the ground and kicks his legs out. Mean while Greyson is hopping over to Jetson, determined to mount. Jetson is perfectly fine, as long as I am beside him and petting him. Greyson mounts over, and over and over and over, Jetson is still fairly calm. Then Greyson seems very satisfied that he is the ‘top dog’ and plops down right beside Jetson, I back away and they just lay beside each other for a long time. Greyson grunts a lot and does his head shake.  I step out a couple of yards away to talk to my mom. Greyson decides he wants to mount again and to my surprise Jetson says still! I go back over to the run and Greyson lays down and Grinds his teeth! This is the most experssion of happiness I have ever seen him show! So about every 5 minutes or less Greyson feels the need to mount again, I don’t know why he is that way. But then after a while Jetson has enough and gets nervous and runs off. I then put them both back in their cages. I am happy that they got along today, I hope we can go even further tomorrow. I need to get at least Greyson neutered, hopefully that will stop his obsession with mounting. I wish Jetson wasn’t such a scardey cat,  Greyson has never been mean to him.  Any, comments or suggestions? And yes, i know it was dumb of me to just grab Jetson, that was a first, and a last.

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

I can understand your excitement, as you would expect a much more belligerent interaction between two intact males. Some rabbits are more fearful as a matter of personality, Greyson was definitely celebrating his dominance with the dental chatter… Jetson’s tolerance of being mounted was most likely due to fear or even shock, he might have decided it was very scary and best to pretend to be dead…. I wouldn’t put them together until after their neuter surgeries so to start out really positive. Jetson might work up a courage and bite next time. — The good thing is now you can be pretty sure that the bonding won’t be very hard, as one of them is the passive/frightened type.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING BEST DAY EVER!!