Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Best Bunny Carrier?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Erbear
      Participant
      155 posts Send Private Message

I have a plain old plastic dog carrier that I use for Radar most of the time.  She likes it and sleeps in it whenever the door is open.  I also have a soft sided carrier for her when she is wearing her walking jacket.  She can stick her head out of it and get pets when we go to the store.  She sleeps in that one most nights.  Both of these carriers are the perfect size for her by herself… BUT

I am planning on adopting another bunny… one that Radar is in love with.  They’ve met and have groomed each other.  Not exactly love at first sight but it’s as close as I could ever hope for.  They snuggle during agility class when they are supposed to be working. 

So, my question is… For those of you with two + buns… What type of carrier do you use?    I’ll have Radar (5 1/2 lbs) and Josefina (2lbs)

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

As far as carrier type – I would highly recommend the ones that open on the top as opposed to opening on the front. This makes it much easier to get two bunnies in and out because you don’t have the problem of one running out while you are trying to get the other one in! Also, its just easier in general for me to get them in and out with the opening on the top.

• kimberleyanddarren
          Participant
          2520 posts Send Private Message

i have a cat carrier which opens to the top and front, you can get ones designed just for rabbits but basically they are the same thing just more expensive.

• Battie
            Participant
            201 posts Send Private Message

Not those collapsable canvas ones! I thought it was a neat idea because it was soft, had a shoulder strap, and could be easily stored. But I had to leave Quincy alone in it for a few minutes and he tore open the mesh. I’m not sure why I didn’t see that coming. He was so cute when he leapt out of hiding to show me how clever he was that it was hard to be mad, though.

Luckily when I told my aunt and uncle the story they remember they had an old cat carrier they didn’t need. It’s nice. It’s plastic with a metal door, very roomy. It has an attachable food and water tray if you have to stop for a bit, with a lid on top to store food. It also has hooks for a strap. I’m afraid is also looks like it would be expensive, though.

• osprey
              Participant
              2065 posts Send Private Message

I have one of these, a PetMate 2-Door Deluxe, in the large size to accomodate all 3 of my bunnies at once.  Like MooBunnay said, the top opening feature really helps.

• bunnytowne
                Participant
                7537 posts Send Private Message

I have 2 cloth ones. Both are diff. Cotton’s has 3 openings in his. And some storage pouches for his stuff. The other one is cloth too. Has pipes to hold it up etc. Now that one a bun started chewing on the zipper piece. It still  is together except for a tiny piece. Cotton has never chewed his. It has a comfy sheepsking on the bottom. It zips around a solid piece of plastic and has velcro on the bottom too so it will stay in place. I can remove it to wash if there is an accident in it.

I have a big plastic dog carrier type.   Only 1 door. I don’t like that cause when I take a bun out they spread their hind legs and get stuck on the sides of the door.   That one in the prev. post there that looks real nice. I like that top door thing too. That way they dont’ get their legs stuck all over the place trying to get them out.

• Erbear
                  Participant
                  155 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for the imput! I like the top open design. It’s always an ordeal to get them in the carrier when they don’t want to go in and to get them out when they don’t want to get out. The top opening would be great!

The soft sided one that I have actually has a peek opening, she wears her harness and is strapped in. The bottom has a litter box in it w/ hay and she sleeps in the car like a champ. As soon as the car stops, she pokes her head out and is ready to get petted by strangers.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant
                    12067 posts Send Private Message

I have two like osprey showed, one top open and one side open. Then I got a stoller and I LOVE it!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Best Bunny Carrier?