Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Best age to bond?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • PrincessCharming
      Participant
      30 posts Send Private Message

So I’ve spent all day thinking about Poppy and whether to get her friend. I figure the more the merrier! I want to wait until Poppy is desex and toilet train, what age is best to start the bonding process?

• Elrohwen
        Participant
        7318 posts Send Private Message

Personally, I think it’s best to wait until you’ve had your first rabbit for a year or so. This will give you plenty of time to bond with her and allow her to grow up and be less crazy.

In general, it doesn’t really matter what age the bunny is as long as they’ve been fixed for at least 4 weeks. It’s more important that you find a bunny they are compatible with (through bunny dating).

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

I agree with Elrohwen. Wait until Poppy is one year and desexed. Then you can look into adopting an adult, desexed rabbit from the same shelter you got her from.

• PrincessCharming
            Participant
            30 posts Send Private Message

That was what I was hoping to hear. At moment I’m just try research as much as possible so I can be good mum!

• lwayne
              Participant
              428 posts Send Private Message

For Arduina’s one year birthday, we took her bunny dating! Thats when we brought home Leo. Although it was more Leo who was in love with her than her in love with him.

Bonding does take lots of time, more so than I though from the beginning. Just make sure you are ready to handle it. It also helps to have someone there with you to help you through the process (like hold one bunny while you get the other one, or run to go get the forgotten spray bottle).

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Best age to bond?