Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Bernards first 3.5 months

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bernard2020
      Participant
      139 posts Send Private Message

Technically I’ve had Bernard for A little over three months but as of a few days ago I decided to make her a permanent part of the family 😊 So in celebration I thought I’d share a video of her first three months with me

https://pin.it/7IwXb9A
        (Video link reviewed and approved by Wick)

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

Oh, she is just precious! <3 Definitally looks very happy in her loving new home! That peep pillow and she are quite the pair! *Claps* Officially, welcome Bernard, into your lovely home! 🙂

• Bernard2020
          Participant

@HipHopBunny

Thank you! She does love that peep toy 😆

• LBJ10
            16908 posts Send Private Message

So cute! I love the pictures of her beds.

How’s her eye doing? I know there were some concerns with the uveitis and possibly EC.

• Bernard2020
              Participant

@LBJ10

Her eye looks the same. I asked the vet to look at it the day she was spayed but I guess they forgot. I’ve tried to make another appointment but the rabbit vets are only there a few days a week and they’ve been booked up. But the vet didn’t seem too concerned so I’m ok waiting another month as long as she doesn’t have any other symptoms.

• prince dorian the bun
                Participant
                743 posts Send Private Message

What a cute slide show! She’s a very sweet bun, I loved he flops outside!

• Louiethebunny
                  Participant
                  603 posts Send Private Message

So cute! I LOVE the clip with her little tongue!

• Moonlightbunny66
                    Participant
                    694 posts Send Private Message

Such an adorable bunny!!! I like when she tipped over the bed. 😆 She looks similar to my boy Pinky! Do you know what breed she is? 🙂

• LBJ10

As long as she is stable, it’s probably OK waiting until a better time to take her to the vet. She sure looks content in all the photos. 🙂

• Bernard2020
                        Participant

@prince dorian the bun

Thank you! She sure does love to be outside.

@Louiethebunny

Thats one of my favorites too! Her little tongue is adorable.

@Moonlightbunny66

I’m not sure what breed she is. The vet said she thought she was a mix between a Californian and something else but I forgot 😜

@LBJ10

I hope she is content! She’s still getting used to me, I’m hoping I’ll see her first binky soon!

• LBJ10

Hmm… she has a cylindrical body like a Himalayan. But she doesn’t have the right markings. Himalayan (and Californian) markings are their own gene and the points of color are actually influenced by temperature. Her friend (I assume sibling) had a broken pattern (En gene). She looks like she may be broken as well, but almost all white. She has faint color on her ears, around her eyes, and one her face. She’s probably a Charlie. Judging by her size and face shape, I would guess she has Havana in her. Is her fur soft? Havanas were originally bred for their “mink-like” fur.

• Bernard2020
                            Participant

@LBJ10

Yes, her fur is VERY soft. So a Charlie is a mix of a few different breeds? Also, I’m wondering if maybe she is part lop ear because occasionally one of her ears will droop down like a lop.

• LBJ10

No, a Charlie simply means she has two copies of the broken gene (En). Two copies results in an almost all white rabbit with less than 10% color (typically located on the ears, around the eyes, and on the nose/cheeks). Her base color is light gray, but the broken gene creates a “broken pattern” with white fur. The broken gene has been introduced into a bunch of rabbit breeds. That’s why you can’t really guess breed based on a broken pattern.

She doesn’t resemble a Holland at all (shape-wise), so if she does have lop in her then it is probably mini lop.

• Bernard2020
                                Participant

Oh ok that makes sense. So from what I’ve read, Charlie rabbits are prone to Megacolon. I hope she doesn’t have it!

• LBJ10

She could be a false Charlie too. It’s hard to tell, especially with her coloring being so light. I wouldn’t be too worried though. Not all (many argue most) will develop megacolon. And those that do have it will start showing signs when they are young and it gradually gets worse as they age.

• Bernard2020
                                    Participant

@LBJ10

Ah ok, that makes my newest post obsolete then, oops 😬

• LBJ10

There is nothing obsolete about it. You were asking a question and it’s always good to ask!

• jerseygirl
                                        22345 posts Send Private Message

That was precious! Thanks so much for sharing. You did well to capture so many bunny flops!

She has only a little colour but it’s so delicate. 🙂

Does she also have a half blue, half brown eye?

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Bernards first 3.5 months