Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Belgian Hares?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • MaddieRabbits
      Participant
      90 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone! I’ve been super inactive for a good few months now due to my Netherland passing away a while ago.  However, I do still have a beautiful rabbit named Apollo who is quietly living on his own at the moment and hasn’t really seemed as outgoing since he lost Jax. Recently I have started a job in a pet store and can now afford to buy him a female partner as well as have her spayed and so I think now would be a great time! I’ve pretty much always had Netherland Dwarves but  I think this time round I’m thinking of getting a larger breed that would be more suitable to live with Apollo, as I’m unsure of his breed but hes a rather large rabbit and I’d rather not try and introduce him to a tiny, young bun now that he has matured. I’ve recently found a breeder near me who is selling a litter of Belgian Hares and after doing some research I really do think they would be an awesome choice as I don’t keep my rabbits in a cage/hutch etc. as I have an entire, bunny proofed room so I feel I should make the most of that and go for a larger breed that will make use of the space. 

However, I’ve never owned a Belgian Hare before or even known anyone that has and so I’m completely unsure of their temperament and traits. I’ve done some research and read that they are super intelligent whilst being energetic but can be quite nervous and flighty at times. Have any of you owned one or know what they’re like? Thanks everyone. 

• Sirius&Luna
        Participant
        2319 posts Send Private Message

I don’t personally know, but if you’re on instagram, there’s a very lovely vet nurse who has two Belgian Hares – I’m sure she would be happy to give you some pointers if you messaged her @bunnylicious_rabbit_care

• MaddieRabbits
          Participant
          90 posts Send Private Message

Okay thats great thank you so much, I’ll message her now! 

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

My bun-bun Ruby is a Belgian Hare. I handle/ cuddle her for an expended period every day and she is quite affectionate.

• Bun-bun mom
              Participant
              16 posts Send Private Message

My login got messed up.  Ruby is a beautiful, calm Belgian hare.  The above post should read “extended,” not “expended.”

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Belgian Hares?