Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Behavior when unwell

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jessica6829
      Participant
      32 posts Send Private Message

Hey everyone! I’ve been having some issues gauging my bunny’s behavior. She’s about 8 months old and had a battle with GI Stasis that lasted months (from which she now seems recovered). While I was cleaning her hutch on Saturday, I had forgotten to close the door to the second level while I had the roof open and before I knew it my little bun tried to jump out of the top! She didn’t make it out and just sort of awkwardly landed back into her hutch. She seemed physically fine but was definitely scared (not sure if that’s because of her jump or because she startled me and I yelled).

Anyways, yesterday she had some small poops, some normal poops and some slightly smaller poops, which have continued today. Being the anxious bunmom that I am, I watched her all day yesterday and she seemed to not be eating as much hay but was completely normal with treats and her greens. I gave her critical care (which she’ll just eat out of a bowl) and a dose of metacam just to be safe.

This morning she’s binkying and zooming around. Eating some hay but I don’t think as much as usual. She’s done a few flops and seems to be in generally good spirits. I am wondering how concerned should I be? Have any of you experienced an injured/painful bun binkying? Would she be binkying and zooming and flopping if she were injured? Is there something else that could be causing her smaller poops?

I’m just completely stumped and I’ve really been through it with her with the Stasis so I’m way over vigilant. any insight anyone has would be great!

• LBJ10
        16898 posts Send Private Message

A stressful incident or a scare can definitely mess their the poops a bit. Things should go back to normal though after a couple of days. Is she better now?

One thing to look out for when a bunny falls is a mouth injury. Broken limbs, etc. are fairly obvious. But people don’t always think about broken front teeth or cuts to their gums from hitting their mouth when they land.

• Wick & Fable
          5781 posts Send Private Message

I tend to be on the more cautious side and go to the vet if there are valid suspicion of a sprain/fracture, like limping, swelling, or fixated grooming in an area. In the absence of those signs, I’d be less concerned.

Of note, in general stasis is not a condition brought about spontaneously so if you are concerned, you could share information about your rabbits set up, diet, and daily routine and users can give some recommendations!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Behavior when unwell