Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Bee pollen

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunnyluvva13
      Participant
      33 posts Send Private Message

I heard about giving bee pollen to rabbits but i wasnt sure the benefits of it, so i recently searched the web. Bee pollen is full of vdifferent vitamins, amino acids and active enzymes (not to mention some other things that ive probably forgotten). It helps promote fertility (i saw that this was with rabbits and humans, but tested on rabbits first.) and because of all the vitamins prevents colds. The only website (http://www.examiner.com/article/bee-pollen-for-rabbits-and-other-small-pets) i saw that wrote directly about giving it to rabbits said that 200mg/kg was the recomended daily dose, but that there isnt a limit.

So i guess the main reson i wrote this topic is to find out if anyone gives bee pollen to their rabbits and if so how much, and how? Or if you take it yourself?

It is possible that i wrote something wrong so sorry if i did.

• Megabunny
        Participant
        2041 posts Send Private Message

I’ve never heard of that, which doesn’t necessarily mean anything. But seems like your bunny should get plenty of vitamins with a good diet. And who wants to promote fertility in rabbits ha ha???

• Bunnyluvva13
          Participant
          33 posts Send Private Message

Megabunny i was thinking more of like a supplement (the same way you give them herbs) or like a treat that improves their immune system. The thing about fertility was more of a fun fact.

• Megabunny
            Participant
            2041 posts Send Private Message

Oooohhhh. Ha ha. I thought you were interested in that and was worried. 🙂
              Nutritious treats are always good but sorry no one else seems to be adding. Hopefully they’ll see this at some point but this is a new one for me

• Deleted User
              Participant
              22064 posts Send Private Message

I have taken it myself and did read about giving it to animals, mainly dogs and cats though. I never did dose any of my pets. It is very healthy, packed with lots of good things, but the way it is usually sold it has often lost a lot of the vitamins etc. before you even get to take it. I learnt quite a bit about it on a site called the Bee pollen buzz, … or something very close to that. They have information and sell pollen, royal jelly and another product who’s name alludes me. There is a risk of allergies when giving pollen to dogs or cats (or taking it for humans) which is one reason I skipped giving it to my other animals, … I never thought of sharing it with the rabbits and I’d still be reluctant to although I don’t have a good reason for that feeling.

Hopefully someone with something more to the point will contribute to this discussion.

• bunnluff
                Participant
                206 posts Send Private Message

I give pollen to both of my rabbits every couple of days. They love it and think it’s a treat!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Bee pollen