Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE BB Health/Fitness – Weekly Check-In Thread

This topic contains 595sd replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Ellie from The Netherlands 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 596 total)
  • Author

LBJ10

Okay, name says it all. We are all checking in with each other WEEKLY. No more excuses. 

LBJ10

Monday, October 10th…

Me: I weighed myself. Oh dear God!!! I tipped the scale at 182lbs. I’m 5’9″ tall, so it sort of spreads out… but wow. I used to weigh a respectable 155lbs, but this was probably 5 or 6 years ago. I think most of the weight was gained after I started working at my current job.

For exercise, I did do some brisk walking and the elliptical over the weekend. I can’t say I ate all that well though. I wanted to go for a walk today, but it was pouring rain so that didn’t happen. I will keep track of everything I do this week for the next check-in.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Aww Crud…. I KNOW I’ve gained weight over the last week (I’ve been too scared to check though) with all the cake and ice cream and fast food…I’m going to start tomorrow (and cry when I weigh myself), and I’m going to check in EVERY day. And If I am not doing a sufficient job at exercising and eating healthy, I want you guys to really guilt me and scold me lol. I’ll post my goals here, but I’m going to let you all know in advance, that my birthday is going to be a cheat day lol!

GOALS:
    Drink minimum of 8 cups water a day, AND NO SODA OR SUGARY DRINKS EVER AGAIN!
    More clean eating, planned out meals, no impulse snacking…
    Run 3 miles at least a few times a week (The 5k is December 3rd, and the there’s a parade afterwards (that you walk to) so that will be at least 5 miles total) I need to get myself and the dogs ready!!
    Do a variety of exercises daily…
    That’s all I can think of for now, lol.

Azerane

I lost 6 kg this year so I’m not overweight, but I’d like to tone my belly up. So for me, daily sit-ups. Minimum of 10 per day (I’ve no idea if that’s a good number). I’m weighing at 70.7kg and I wanted to keep it below 70kg (I did get to 68.5kg), so I guess I need to be a bit better with my snacks.

Q8bunny
    Participant

These are great for toning tums (when they become easy, she also has intermediate and advanced versions):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkdc-ce79T8

I’m going to weigh in on Friday since that’s my usual day and check in. My goal is to drop a few and then stay steady – my insane work hours have me constantly yoyoing up a few, down a few. Also the weather’s getting nice and I’d like to do a fun exercise every weekend.

Theodorusrex
    Participant

Love this idea!
    I will be weighing in every Wednesday/Thursday depending on my schedule (I plan to start slimming world again on thursday D: )
    I lost 3 stone through SW a couple of years ago but sadly most of it is back on. I blame my PhD and getting married earlier this year, resulting in 2 weeks in the USA where food portions are massive and then some bad eating while moving house etc etc.
    I’ve started doing yoga every Thursday but also want to get some cardio in at least once a week so need to find a good gym near my new home.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Surprisingly I didn’t gain any weight. What’s up with that lol?
    Okay, week 1 check in:
    Height: 5’4” and 3/4”
    Weight 130.0 (my starting weight was 155.5, so I’m pretty happy about losing 25 pounds)

I am however trying to build muscle, so I do expect my weight to go up a little bit as I start to gain muscle (muscle weighs more than fat). We’ll see.

I believe in everybody here, we’ve got this guys!

JPetrucci84
    Participant

Weighed in today at 225 lbs! In December, I was 252. Theoretically I should be able to hit 200 lbs by the first of next year. That’s granted my fat weight isn’t made up for in too much (not that it’s a bad thing) muscle mass.

DaButtercup
    Participant

II weigh 107.2 lbs, so i’m good. If I am, does that mean I don’t need to participate in the weekly check-in?

Q8bunny
    Participant

Ok. Friday morning. Haven’t shrunk in the wash (still 5’7″ish) and 125.7lbs. Goal’s to get down to 120 now that winter’s here and I can be outside again.

LongEaredLions
    Participant

Does this mean I have to get out of my bed and weigh myself?
    I love this thread-I need accountability. I always weigh in the morning for consistency, i’ll let you guys know Eek!

LBJ10

Yep LEL, we’re going to hold each other accountable.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

I’ve done terrible this week… My “official weigh in” isn’t until Tuesday though…I have tomorrow to turn myself around…lol!

LongEaredLions
    Participant

At least you didn’t forget completely Mox….like someone I know….. (ME!)

DaButtercup
    Participant

Q8, you are 5 foot 7? Wow, I’m taller than you!

Q8bunny
    Participant

Most people are. I’m actually just shy of 5’7″

LBJ10

Well, I didn’t do very well. Weighed myself, still 182. I was trying my best to exercise, but clearly that didn’t do anything.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Reesebun— LOL, I’m just under 5’5” (I’m like 5′ 4” 3/4”)

LBJ— I feel ya, this week has sucked for me too.

LBJ – please don’t be disheartened !!

Your lungs will thank you. Your muscles will thank you. Your blood sugar will thank you !!
    And you will be releasing those endorphins making the world seem a better place and ready to conquer !!

So many things are more important than weight – and if you keep it up for all these other reasons too, then the weight will come off, in time ( if in parallel you stop the sodas in the afternoon / eve / completely… ).

BubblesJo
    Participant

Guys, no making fun of short people… I’m 5’2″ which is a perfectly acceptable Portuguese size!

I walked 15km this Saturday and then couldn’t move yesterday. Lovely!

DaButtercup
    Participant

My mom is 5 foot 2 also

Q8bunny
    Participant

125.3lbs this morning. Didn’t lose much, but then again, haven’t really been thinking about it either what with this plague and all.

Azerane

I was probably doing well, because last week I had food poisoning so that definitely had to help the weight loss Then tonight a friend messaged me out of the blue to catch up nearby. A trio of dips, cheese platter and garlic bread later… here I am. Will weigh tomorrow morning

Muchelle
    Participant

Eh, I guess I’ll take part to this too. Can’t go to the gym cause of an injury + scheduled surgery combo and put back on some weight =.=
    Maybe I’ll be more motivated doing it with other people

Q8bunny
    Participant

At least you have an excuse. I just don’t go to the gym on principle.
    I love outdoorsy things like walking/hiking, SUPing, sailing, swimming, scuba diving. I would enjoy biking if the seat didn’t always hurt my bum. lol Yoga’s nice, as is dancing. But get me near a gym or some official form of exercise, and I’m instantly filled with loathing and sloth.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 596 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.