Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Bald Spots

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Faye Perry
      Participant
      114 posts Send Private Message

Hello

Sorry its been so long since i posted… things went a bit mental here for a while.

Just a quick question

We have found a couple of bald spots under Booboo’s lop ears.  there is one each side as you lift her ears up.  She is healthy and doesn’t appear to be scratching, in fact everything is normal apart from these patches.   Inside of her ears are clear and very clean. At first we thought it was Mable licking that area, but she doesn’t go that far up.  (and seeing as they are only together when we’re home, its not happening when we’re not looking)

Should i be worried???  I have never experienced this before.  mable seems fine

many thanks

Faye

• dmh426
        Participant
        433 posts Send Private Message

This has happened to Sophie before. I chalked it up to being her molting and overgrooming at the same time. Does it look sore or just bald? I wouldn’t worry about it if it was just balding. She could be scratching up against the side of something and rubbing it bald. Soph did this too.

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

do you see any signs of dandruff or are the bald patches looking really irritated?

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

If the bald spots do not look irritated- or look like anything is bothering the skin (like gravehearted said – dandruff, or very red) I would not be too concerned. This happened to my girl Juli when Kramer was overgrooming her – and though she lost some fur she really didn’t have any lasting effects or irritation. If the spots get red, or keep getting bigger I’d recommend seeing if a vet can check it out. They might recommend some kind of ointment – one thing to be careful with about that is that your other bun doesn’t start grooming the ointment off, that also happened with Kramer grooming the ointment off Juli which led to some irritation on her skin.

• Faye Perry
              Participant
              114 posts Send Private Message

Thanks ladies

The bald spots are just that – bald.  There is deffinately no dandruff in that area or anywhere on her body (we’ve scrupiously checked) and they’re not getting bigger.

She has scratched the area, which now has a tiny red patch, but its always after we’ve been checking her so not sure if its cause we’ve been poking around or not.  I will monitor over the next couple of days and book her in if it changes.

If there is something going on will Mable get it too???

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Bald Spots