Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Baby Duchess

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyMommy21
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

Hi,

My name is Faith. And my furry bundle of white fluff is Duchess. She is just about 10 weeks old (Born June 18th) and she is my first baby bunny. (Currently am caring for my big sisters 7 year old boy Rosario as well) 

I am learning a tun of new things that even my sister didn’t know and we are bettering our lives and there’s. It is a learning process and today was my first big scare. 

TUNS of cecotropes on her fleece this morning. Startled the hell out of me and sent me on a panic search for information (panicked and called the vet as well. sadly even the vet didn’t know what it was.) still a little worried but found a couple normal poops in among the Cecotropes so not as worried now plus shes eating and drinking just fine now so a bit less worried more confused. 

If anyone has any advice on this (I already know she might eat these (hasn’t  as of yet) but might.

Id love advice 

(Not criticism as I am doing everything I can to learn everything there is to know and have already had someone attack me telling me I shouldn’t do this or that.)  

I tried to post a post about this this morning but so far have not seen or heard anything. 

Always willing to listen and learn new things. 

Thanks for your time. 

• Bunny House
        Participant
        1241 posts Send Private Message

Hi, excess cecetropes are caused by too many veggies and/or pellets. How much are you feeding the bun of both?

• BunnyMommy21
          Participant
          7 posts Send Private Message

No veg as she is way to young I’m not even trying until she is closer to 6 months as my vet has told me. And she gets about 1/3-1/4 a cup of oxbow baby bunny pellets and all the hay her little heart wants. (And water of course) 

• Bam
            16957 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations on your new bun ?Excess cecotropes are common in really young bunnies. Their gut microbiota is still immature and easily perturbed. Lots of grass hay is the best remedy. As long as you see formed poop as well as the sticky poop this is not a veterinary emergency. If her poop becomes runny and/or mucosy and/or watery, it is true diarrhea and that is a vet emergency because young buns are very fragile.

• Gordo and Janice
              Participant
              703 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations and welcome to a crazy fun life of cuteness overload as a bunny parent. Bam and Bunny House have already spoken on your question. As Bam said lots of grass hay is the best remedy. I just wanted to say hi and welcome. Of course if you truly want to be a great bunny parent………………pictures of Duchess, as well as Rosario, are an absolute requirement.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Baby Duchess