Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE August Chat

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bam
      16877 posts Send Private Message

August! I hope you’re all having a lovely summer, unless you happen to be in the southern hemisphere -in which case, I hope you’re having a lovely winter!

It’s been raining a lot here, which is great for chanterelles (type of delicious mushroom). Here’s a picture from a few days ago, of a lovely patch of chanterelles that we came across:

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Gorgeous Chanterelles!

Summer has been much drier than usual but we got a bit of rain recently which is good. Apparently Tom and I brought the CA drought to New England 🙄

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• prince dorian the bun
          Participant
          743 posts Send Private Message

Happy August everyone, hope it’s a good one!

Our heat wave in PNW finally broke, and couldn’t be happier! I have a random bolete growing in my front garden which is a bit of a mystery (it’s been dry and hot, so it’s dried out already), but am wishing it was chanterelles! 😋

• LBJ10
            16908 posts Send Private Message

I love mushrooms! Chanterelles are awesome.

Haha! I think it has been dry everywhere. It’s ridiculous how little rain we have gotten this summer. Oh well, hopefully the dry weather will toughen up the tree we planted.

• Azerane
              4688 posts Send Private Message

I can’t wait for it to be warm and dry 🙂 I’m not much of a winter person, the short days with less light are a real bummer. Last month of winter at least in the run up to summer and Christmas chaos. As long as we get a hot, dry summer this year, and not the humid awfulness we had last summer.

• Bam

I’m so not a winter person! I like winter when there’s plenty of snow and the lakes freeze so you can walk across them,  but that only hsppens here every 10 years. The other nine winters in between are dark, rainy and utterly depressing. (Yes, I know, I chose to be born in the wrong country 😖)

We have lovely weather here today and yesterday I found the first yellow foot mushrooms of the year!

Here’s Snoa having lunch on her IKEA bed:

*If your bun isnt used to fresh grass but you’re thinking of offering some, start small, like with all new food. Snöa is used to getting fresh grass, so she can have a bunch without any ill effects.

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                  Participant
                  2512 posts Send Private Message

Snoa is so beautiful, I always wonder how velvety soft her fur must be…😍

August hasn’t started well here: Owen and Molly suddenly had 3 real fights in one day on Sunday, and now they’re separated again. The bonder is at a loss, and the only thing that she could do was recommend a valerian supplement to help things calm down. Molly is afraid of Owen, and although he’s trying to groom her though the bars, she often thumps, meeps and runs away 😥

They free-roam in turns again, and then Molly does all these little things that cheer me up… She hops onto the sofa when I talk to her, she seeks out Bas and flops near him, and she just did the second cutest thing I’ve seen her do in her lifetime.

She laid flopped in the living room, and I crawled towards her on my hands and knees. She didn’t move. We sat about 30 cms apart, but with our heads at the same height. I gave her a pellet which was graciously accepted.

She looked at me for a long while and flopped close to me again. She laid down with her back turned towards me, like bunnies often do so they can watch each side. I didn’t move, but just I purred at her softly, and she responded with purrs while flopped 🥰

Awww, my little girl… You know how to make my heart soar 🥰

• Azerane

Snoa is so gorgeous. I just want to sink my hands into her fur.

Got a nice new bale of hay today for the buns. Looks nice and green too which is good, my last couple of bales have been a bit average.

Also I’ve been listening to the Pirates of Penzance lately. I never actually listened to it until a few months ago, it’s very funny and I do love a good musical 🙂

• BunnyLass568
                      Participant
                      446 posts Send Private Message

It’s like Thumper knew I needed a little something extra sweet today since it’s been a week since we lost Demon and as I was petting him he tucked his little paws under him and laid down which he never did before! And he’s been funny, twice I needed to grab a handful of hay and shake it to get him to his hay rack instead of stealing from Blossom’s. They’re both eating like I’ve never fed them so new bale of Timothy hay is approved!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Bam

How lovely, BunnyLass! 🥰

I went to buy new hay for Snoa the other day, but was so disappointed. Snöa’s favorite hay was gone and replaced with this year’s harvest, a thin, wiry hay, the kind buns often dislike. So I got her some Norwegian timothy and she wasnt pleased 😖

Today I had the cutest little encounter in the garden. I didnt manage to get a good pic, so you’ll have to imagine just how incredibly cute they looked as they came strolling along the garden path, mama hog and baby hoglet:

• BunnyLass568
                            Participant
                            446 posts Send Private Message

That’s still a really good and cute picture!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• LBJ10

OMG!!! How cute!

• Bam

I had no idea the USA don’t have wild hedgehogs! They’re red listed here, so it’s lovely that they seem to like it in the garden.

Today is Snoa’s Gotcha Day! Or rather, her Foster Day, because we didnt actually adopt her until a few weeks later. She  “celebrated” by getting her yearly vaccine jab. It protects against myxo, RVHD1 and 2. She weighs 1.98 kilos, which is perfect. After the vet had listened to her heart, (he was super-kind enough to do that on the floor,  because she got skittish on the table), she looked around for the treat she rightly felt she was owed, and luckily I had one ready 😃

• prince dorian the bun
                                Participant
                                743 posts Send Private Message

Such a lovely photo, I bet it was magical in person. I love the hedgehogs! I remember them from growing up and putting milk out for them (no idea if that was good for them in retrospect). None in the US. We do have raccoons and coyotes where I live in the PNW, and lots of birds of prey. Even had some coyote cubs near us, so cute watching them play. I saw a possum once and there was a mountain lion that wandered in to one of the larger parks, but they & bears usually stay out of cities. Oh and we have a bit too many wild bunnies, maybe why the coyote populations seems to have grown so much.

Happy Gotcha Snoa!

• LBJ10

Aww! Happy gotcha Snoa!

No… no hedgehogs here. I wish! We have flying squirrels though. I want to hug them!

• DanaNM

Hedgehogs!! HOGLET?! so cute!

I remember seeing them in New Zealand when I lived there! They aren’t native there but they sure are cute.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Azerane

Happy belated Gotcha day Snoa! Also those hedgehogs are so very cute!

I’m ready to move on to 2023 if you don’t mind. We found out last week that we have to move house again (this time last year we moved because the owners wanted to sell their rental), unfortunately the owners sold our rental and the new owner wants to move in. Yay 😛 So now I’ve been packing up all non-essentials, and frantically searching for rentals. The market is terribly slim though and the rabbits make it tricky to be approved, but we have good rental history so here’s hoping. We’ve seen two places now, the first wasn’t worth it, the second only has a 6 month lease. But there’s a couple more I’m very interested in viewing. We have until mid-October which would be plenty of time if the market wasn’t terrible. Last year there were lots of properties but also a lot of people looking, so it took us almost 2 months. This year the prices have gone up so much there’s almost nothing in our price range. Last week I was overwhelmingly stressed, this week I think I’m numb, lol.

• DanaNM

Ugh I’m sorry Az, that’s so stressful. 🙁  I feel like I’m hearing versions of that same story everywhere.

• Azerane

We went to an open inspection of a rental today. We’ve been to a few already and there’s been a reasonable number of people, but I was not prepared for the almost 30 groups that were there today. I know it’s because the location is better than the previous ones we’ve been to, but wow. We’ve applied but who knows what our chances are.

I also cleaned out the pet food cupboard today, the amount of medication syringes I found tucked away is laughable. Can’t believe there was so many. When did that happen? 🤣

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE August Chat