Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Astroturf For Rabbits

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • JackWabbit13
      Participant
      73 posts Send Private Message

Hey yall!

So our new house will be finished in a couple months. I have a nook in my room which I want to convert into a rabbit pen. I want to put some chew-safe trim in there and buy a baby gate with a door on it to keep her in. But my buddy suggested that I put fake grass in her enclosure.

So is fake grass safe for rabbits in an indoor enclosure? If so, what can I use? I need something safe and something that I can cut into an ideal shape for my rabbit nook.

• Bam
        16872 posts Send Private Message

I use Vetbeds and cut them to size. I dont know if fake grass might encourage the bun to try and graze.

Sea grass mats are another alternative which is good because they’re perfectly safe to nibble on.

• Wick & Fable
          5781 posts Send Private Message

Indeed, I do not think astroturf is a good idea. It’s likeness to grass aside (though a rabbit wouldn’t likely be fooled because of its smell), it is similar to carpet and I think would be a big chewing/eating hazard, due to astroturf’s material.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
            16899 posts Send Private Message

I would try a low pile indoor/outdoor carpet instead.

• JackWabbit13
                Participant

I looked some of them up and a lot of fake grass carpets came up. Are those safe for rabbits?

• DanaNM
                8930 posts Send Private Message

I’m not familiar with fake grass carpets, but I probably wouldn’t want anything that might encourage the bun to chew carpet, so low pile or flat would be the safest bet (as others have suggested).

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• JackWabbit13
                    Participant

The ones I found were low pile. Would that be okay?

• Bam
                    16872 posts Send Private Message

Lowpile is fine, but it’s still important to check the bun’s feet regularly, of course. (That’s important regardless of flooring).

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Astroturf For Rabbits