Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Are you a night owl or an early bird?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • BinkyBunny
      8776 posts Send Private Message

I have always been a night-owl.  Might be  from growing in Fairbanks, Alaska, where basically summer is day, and winter is night.   My body doesn’t really follow light dark cues for wake and sleep. And I usually get a a second wind around 9pm and get more creative then and that sleepy feeling doesn’t usually arrive until 3am.      My father and brother are the same way, so it could be an inherited thing, but my sister and my mother are extreme early birds  5am – 6am rise.  

That was always difficult when I had to deal with an early schedule  – like grade school, and high school.  College worked out well, because I could choose evening classes many times.  But then when the old 9-5 started up, that was hard.  I think I slept for 5 hours a night for five years.

Now it’s easier because I can work on my own schedule for the most part, except when I have to go out into the field, most of the time it’s early.   But that’s just short spurts of time, it’s not worth much.

So are you a night owl or early bird? And what are the things you like and don’t like about it?

• sevyn
        Participant
        68 posts Send Private Message

I’m more of a night owl myself, but this is really just because I find it easier to push myself to stay up later than I do to wake up early, and because I don’t really care much for going out and socializing anyways so I don’t mind not doing anything with my daytimes. Unfortunately this schedule doesn’t really work out, especially right now, because we’re doing mass restorations on my brother’s apartment (an early morning or early afternoon job 3 or 4 days out of the week) and school requires a 7am morning when it comes around. :/ I’ve also been battling modrate insomnia, on and off, for the last few years of my life so I’m used to still being up at 3-4 in the morning and finding still-interesting ways to occupy that time.
          I know what you mean by the not getting light cues and getting a second wind – but mine usually comes right when I think I’m ready for bed (11 or 12) but I usually run out of things to do within the next hour or two anyways. The only time light is ever a factor is when it’s right on me and excessively hot, and then i just wake up out of discomfort at my warmth.

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

I’m totally an early bird – sometimes I find it tough to wake up – but once I get up I’m bouncing off the walls I tend to fade around 9:00 though…I like it because I always find it pretty easy to fall asleep at night, and also because I like waking up early to have some relax time before work!

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

Ooohh … I have been kinda burning the candle at both ends lately … I love to entertain and have friends over for dinner during the week, which is not always good as end up with late nights and having to get up at 6.30am for work  …. and if I have a few too many red wines, I am pretty hopeless!

I am generally an early riser and always have been even on the weekends due to having a young daughter who will still on occasions not let me have a lie in.  But one good thing getting up early, no wasting the day.  I am a busy person and love to get my chores out of the way early and then have some nice time to myself.  I tend to get more done that way.

But there are times, particularly when Pearl is at her dads, that I love to laze around just vegging out and even manage to get that sleep in to myself (better still if boyfriend is over LOL).

Dawn xx

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

Early bird! I get up at 4:00 am to work out and get into work by 7:00 am! Oh and bed time, well that’s 8:30 pm the latest!

• jacki fullerton
                Participant
                79 posts Send Private Message

I’m a total night owl…. my husband is the opposite. We’ve been married for ages, his early morning wake ups and my late night stay ups don’t bother the relationship, however, I would think with some people it might. Being a former flight attendant, I would have crazy schedules….flying to Europe, sleeping during the day, staying awake all night….that schedule was great for me. Noble Bunny is active in the morning for my hubbie and at night for me….LOL…

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                  Participant
                  2517 posts Send Private Message

I think a good amount of my posts occur after 1 am… haha

• BinkyBunny
                    8776 posts Send Private Message

Jacki – that’s how my husband and I are though too and it works out perfectly. We each get our “me” time. I think having that private time makes it better – especially since we live and work in the same space together.

Scarlet – Holy Cow – 4am. Oh, if I have to wake up that early, i actually feel nauseous. But good for you to work out that early!!

digmexnow – Yeah, I always notice you are on the boards about the same time I am, At this late hour it’s usually a few U.S. night owls and members from the other side of the globe.

• Scarlet_Rose
                      Participant
                      4293 posts Send Private Message

Yep, 4 am is dedication but working out in the am works great because I don’t have to think about it or to be honest dread it after work when I’m tired to the bone. I can imagine it being a little nauseating to all you night owls! I see those posts from many of you around 1 am. So, what time do you get to sleep? I imagine when I get up! Now that to me is nauseating. : ) LOL

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Are you a night owl or an early bird?