Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Are these poops normal?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Megancj25
      Participant
      12 posts Send Private Message

Are these normal poops to see from my rabbit every so often (every day/every other day)? I want to make sure everything is okay. Thanks!

• Megancj25
        Participant

I should note that not all of her poops look like this. A majority are normal.

• Bam
          16871 posts Send Private Message

My Bam sometimes produce a heap of small poops like that while the rest of his poop that day is normal. If it happens a lot, maybe there’s sth about her diet that you could change. The only reasons for this I know of are stress or reduced food intake (f ex if the bun has been lounging most of the day and not eaten a lot).

Continuously decreasing poop size is much more of a worry, that means there’s a problem somewhere from the teeth and downwards. A rabbit with dental issues might not eat enough hay and so on. With decreased poop size you’d also see reduced intake of food and/or drink, but that’s not always so easy to tell if the bunny has hay ad lib (as it should have).

How is her appetite? Activity level?

Here’s a very good guide to bunny poop:
            http://m.imgur.com/a/5N4lD

• Megancj25
            Participant

She went to the vet this past Saturday, she had a urinary tract infection. She’s been on two medications since then (an antibiotic and pain reliever). She has one dose left for the pain reliever and a few days left of the antibiotic. She has been acting differently the past day or so. She isn’t lounging much, which she used to do all the time. Her ears are constantly up and she’s sitting up like she scared. She hasn’t eaten much today. I changed her litter box around 10 am this morning and I haven’t seen any poops since then, except for these ones. Should I be worried?

• DanaNM
              8930 posts Send Private Message

Are you able to syringe feed her some critical care? It’s possible she isn’t feeling well from the meds, and you want to be sure she doesn’t go into stasis. 

My bun had to be on antibiotics and pain meds for an injury, and her appetite wasn’t great on them, so we had to supplement with syringe feeding. Did she eat and poop pretty normally last night?

You should also call your vet and see what they say. 

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bam
                16871 posts Send Private Message

She could have gas. Meds interfere with the workings of the tummy, especially antibiotics. You can give her baby gas drops (simethicone), they aren’t absorbed by the body so they shouldn’t interfere with the other meds.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Are these poops normal?