Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Are Phone Books really safe?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • JK
      Participant
      2223 posts Send Private Message

Edson, my bunny that never chews, has decided to test out the phone book!  He just shredded a few pages and it looks like he ate a tiny bit.  Is this safe??? I cannot find the discussion on this.  Thanks.

• RabbitPam
        11002 posts Send Private Message

Hi, Knowltons,
          Not sure where there’s a discussion, but I do remember that the reason phone books are considered safe is that they, like most newspapers, use a soy -based ink which is safe if ingested. It’s also much better than most other things he might chew. Tell Edson to have fun and teach him to run the Hoover when he’s finished playing.

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

Thanks Pam.  I thought they were ok but now that he’s shown an interest, nervous mama wanted to know for sure!

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

Yeppers they are A-O.K.

Here is some info on the safety of paper:

http://www.coloradohrs.com/articles/care_paper-safety.asp

• Princess*Smudge
              Participant
              285 posts Send Private Message

I can’t wait to try a phone book with Smudge when I get home! haha yes that’s right I’m at work and instead of doing work I am on BB reading up on all the things I’ve missed.. shh don’t tell. Smudge loves to dig and tear. She had a diggy box of shredded paper which she never ate just played in and then one day I walked in and she was munching down on some of it. I think once the novelty of digging wears off she just gets bored and eats it. I took it out right away. Now she plays with newspaper, but not alot of it because im still worried she will eat it when she’s done playing. So I usually take it out. But a phone book is perfect! She will be so busy digging it will keep her alot more occupied then just some paper. She’s going to love me! haha or she’ll give me that look like “ugh you want me to actually touch that, get it out of here”.

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

Mead has a phone book. i rip the front and back cover off tho b/c i don’t think the thick glossy paper is good.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Are Phone Books really safe?