Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE are most people on binkybunny adults?

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

Im just wondering. [Edited by Rabbitpam]  

Rabbitpam here. I am copying the Rules for your information here, and as a reminder to our other members that have already replied. We urge our new members to read the Forum Rules & Guidelines first, before posting, to help them know what these forums are all about.

You must be at least 13 years of age to become a member.

You must be 18 or older to post any photos of yourself.  (posting photos of your rabbits, is of course, okay!) 

Members under 18 cannot use their first and/or last name anywhere in the forum. Minors cannot post their age.  

Members over 18 cannot use their first AND last name anywhere in the forum. One OR the other can be used if so desired. 

Please, would everyone read the rules page to refresh your memories and learn the BinkyBunny rules. Many have been updated since some of you have joined. Often they are based on your own suggestions. Thanks!

binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/10084/Default.aspx

• NewBunnyOwner123
        Participant
        1930 posts Send Private Message

I’m a young adult on binky bunny (22). I always figured there were teens on here. My bad habit is I view every poster as a woman until I will see a post and be like, “oh it’s a guy” lol I’m not sure why. I guess because women seem to more commonly take on the caretaker role and take care of the bunnies or maybe I just see things a little more on the old fashioned side.

• LongEaredLions
          Participant
          4482 posts Send Private Message

NBO- I think that way too!!! Anytime I someone says they are a guy I am like “what???”
            Not that guys shouldn’t have bunnies it is just sort of suprizing!!!
            P.s. I hope I am not posting too much, I’m just so excited to be on BinkyBunny!!! Lol

• jerseygirl
            22342 posts Send Private Message

There are members that are teens for sure. Ive found some of the regular teen members weve had here over the years to be very mature for their age. Very responsible and considerate people. : )
              ETA: haha that comment made me sound old.

Be careful about stating your age if under 18. Its best not to do so for your own protection and its advised not to in the Forum Guidelines.

• Bunny Daddy
              Participant
              375 posts Send Private Message

I like to think of myself as a child in an adult’s body.  (Edit) Well, technically a teenager still. But details, details…

• flemish giant
                Participant
                176 posts Send Private Message

I’m a teen and a guy

• Monkeybun
                  Participant
                  10479 posts Send Private Message

Many are, but there are many under 18 as well. Although, for your own safety, do not post your age on the forum.

• Sonn
                    Participant
                    1810 posts Send Private Message

I am a child stuck in an adults body =P

• MoveDiagonally
                      Participant
                      2361 posts Send Private Message

I like to measure age in decades. I’m only 2.85!

We seem to have a mix of adults and teenagers here.

• Roberta
                        Participant
                        4355 posts Send Private Message

Old and heading for crusty here…. in decades I have surpassed the 5th. Though my new jacket is rather flash and makes me feel like I am back in my early Funky Forties…

• jerseygirl

I like that MD! I think
                            Ill have to use that in future to specify my age.

I made the mistake once of figuring out how many decades I’ve lived in once. i.e. 70’s 80’s etc. That was a little scary.

• BubblesJo
                            Participant
                            458 posts Send Private Message

Posted By MoveDiagonally on 07/28/2013 03:36 AM
                              I like to measure age in decades. I’m only 2.85!

We seem to have a mix of adults and teenagers here.

MD, we’re the same age   I like the decades idea, I’ll start using it!

• RabbitPam
                              11002 posts Send Private Message

We love to have guys here, but it is a lower % of bunny posters (not necessarily owners) than the women. Some of our members have started here in their teens and become adults while staying in touch, which we love. A bunny will probably be with you about a decade or more, so it’s nice to all go through years together.

As a pet, bunnies are not suggested for children, but as a pet for teens who handle them well and are responsible for their care, they are really nice. When someone starts here and learns about bunnies and caring for them well, and shares that knowledge with enthusiasm to other members and with their families and friends, it’s really rewarding.

I’m one of the Old Ladies of the group. Maybe not as old ad Jerseygirl (she’s 105 – oops! not supposed to give out ages) but getting up there.

• LittlePuffyTail
                                18092 posts Send Private Message

I’m 31 but feel (and think I will forever!) 18.

• Beka27
                                  Participant
                                  16016 posts Send Private Message

I’m finally out of Beta… just upgraded to version 3.0… lol!

• bpash89
                                    Participant
                                    307 posts Send Private Message

Lol well I guess I’m 2.4 decades old… god I think that actually makes it sound really really old… I don’t like that…

• tanlover14
                                      Participant
                                      3617 posts Send Private Message

I’m 2.4 decades as well, bpash! Almost 2.5… Oh Lord.

My rabbits make me feel like an old lady sometimes though. They really know how to gray my hairs….

• MoveDiagonally
                                        Participant

Posted By Beka27 on 07/28/2013 09:00 AM
                                          I’m finally out of Beta… just upgraded to version 3.0… lol!

I love this! I’m going to have to use it when I upgrade, lol. 

• jerseygirl

Posted By RabbitPam on 07/28/2013 08:00 AM
                                            I’m one of the Old Ladies of the group. Maybe not as old ad Jerseygirl (she’s 105 – oops! not supposed to give out ages) but getting up there.

Sigh. Yes, feeling everyone of those years…hobblin’ round with my crooked back.
                                            Hang on, this means I got Jersey in my 99th year.

• Stickerbunny
                                            Participant
                                            4128 posts Send Private Message

And the reason there are more women than men is because… in general women tend to go onto forums/social networking more than men (according to studies). I wouldn’t let it color your view that more women than men have rabbits, I am sure there are plenty of men who love bunnies too.

• Monkeybun
                                              Participant
                                              10479 posts Send Private Message

I’m right behind you, beka. Set to release 3.0 in November lol.

• ninjabun
                                                Participant
                                                26 posts Send Private Message

I’m 2.5 going on 2.6

• tanlover14
                                                  Participant

I have to agree – my boyfriend is a total nut for our bunnies. He definitely spends as much time with/maybe more time than I do with the buns daily. He sometimes comes on BB and reads through the forum posts (doesn’t add anything) but will wander through BB and look at the ones I’ve posted on as they are usually the ones that interest him the most also. He’s totally NOT a bunny forum poster but he’s used BB as much for information and read through the posts to learn more just as much as I have WITHOUT ever responding to anything. Haha! He definitely cares for them and takes care of them just as much as I do but he’s not a socializer about it.

• Deleted User
                                                    Participant

I second TL there. My bf is totally nuts for our buns. He adores them and gets really upset when he works a lot because he doesn’t get to spend time with the buns. He’s not a big forum person either. He would rather lurk and read. But he adores the monthly picture thread. =]

• tanlover14
                                                      Participant

Hahah! SO does mine, Skipper!

• Dwarf Sparrow
                                                        Participant
                                                        184 posts Send Private Message

Ahhh I’m jealous of you guys with your bunny-loving boyfriends! Mine is definitely very fond of Merida, and he’ll let out an “aww” occasionally for her and pictures of other buns, but he usually doesn’t look up bunny info on his own, or spend a lot of time with her.

I recently “upgraded” to 2.5! Though the “inner child” is still very strong.

• Deleted User
                                                          Participant

Dwarf Sparrow my boyfriend is a massive animal lover. It was actually his idea to get a bunny after his ferret passed away. I was really against getting a bun and wanted had actually wanted a hedgehog instead. =p I’m really happy we got a bun instead though. The buns have made me super happy. =]

Oh and to originally answer the question of the thread. =p I upgraded to 2.1 yesterday. xD

• MoveDiagonally
                                                            Participant

Haha, my husband also ADORES the picture thread! He lurks around once in a while but for the most part he just reads posts I bring to his attention.

He’s pretty into the rabbits and I love sneaking up on him in the bunny room. The chats he has with them when he doesn’t think anyone is around are freaking adorable, LOL.  He’s usually the one that picks up bunny supplies from the feed store and I’m pretty sure they think of him as the “bunny guy” because apparantly he’s always talking about them and showing off pictures. 

• Dwarf Sparrow
                                                              Participant
                                                              184 posts Send Private Message

Happy recent-upgrade, Skipper’s Mama! ;P
                                                                It’s definitely not that the bf isn’t an animal lover- he is- it’s just that he’s more of a dog person. And to be fair I’m a bit obsessive with taking care of the bun, so unless he wants to fight for the chance to clean the litter box… lol

• jerseygirl

Yes, Happy Upgrade Skippers Mama!

• longhairmike
                                                                  Participant
                                                                  1069 posts Send Private Message

wtf is an adult?

• justwildbeat
                                                                    Participant
                                                                    257 posts Send Private Message

I’m twenty something lol. Stopped caring after I turned 21, so sometimes I forget when people ask for my age. Probably will start counting again once I get closer to 30~

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                      Participant
                                                                      1930 posts Send Private Message

I didn’t mean to sound as if guys don’t care for the bunnies :/ my husband cares deeply for them. He just relies on me to do the caregiving because he doesn’t want to do something wrong :p lol

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                        Moderator

My husband loves our bunnies but he’s not bunny crazy like I am. He’s more of a cat guy, really. (Don’t tell the buns, they will be horrified!)

I love meeting guys that are not shy about loving their buns. I have a friend on Facebook that is in a metal band in Vegas and he has 6 bunnies and is not shy about posting about them. It’s funny because he’s like this hard-core haunt rocker but he has pics of his buns all over his FB and posts about them giving him kisses and stuff. Too cute!

• Beka27
                                                                          Participant

Happy birthday, Skipper’s Mama!!! Now, just so you know… there may be some system glitches at first… most of the kinks should be worked out by version 2.5 tho, so don’t lose hope! LOL!!! ;o)

The vast majority of our members are female. I automatically use the feminine pronoun when referring to members, unless it’s been brought up, or has become apparent that the member is a male. No offense is intended by this choice of words if you are a male! Just say, “Yo! I’m a dude!” and it’ll be all cleared up :o)

I agree that it probably has more to do with the whole “social, clucking hens” aspect than men not loving bunnies! We (women) just like to blab more, I guess!

• Sarita
                                                                            Participant
                                                                            18851 posts Send Private Message

I recently crossed the half century mark or version 5.0…boy I feel old…

• Deleted User
                                                                              Participant

did i do something wrong? why did my question get edited? im the right age.

• Deleted User
                                                                                Participant

We aren’t exactly children, and we do know how to treat buns nicely and handle them. Honestly, it’s not the childrens fault if the rabbit gets abandoned, its the parents fault.

• Deleted User
                                                                                  Participant

Thanks guys. =]

LPT that is hilarious! For some reason I’m picturing a Corey Taylor-esque sort of dude snuggling a bun. =D

Beka, ha! I don’t mind life glitches. They make life interesting. ;P It’s the body glitches that get aggravating. The knee that starts to act up and be hyper, etc. =p

• Sarita
                                                                                    Participant

MustacheBunny, did you read the rules about posting your age….Rabbitpam copied and pasted the rule on your initial post…

• NuggetBuns
                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                      348 posts Send Private Message

Thank you for posting the link to the BB forum rules… Good to know for future reference!

I also recently upgraded to version 2.5 and always assumed all the BB members were ladies as well. Like most of you with loving bunny papas, mine relies on me to do all the bunny research. He gives them a lot of love and attention, but never has to worry about their health, diet, appropriate rabbitats… etc. He isn’t a forum person either. I always show him the cute pics on BB though and share bunny stories from BB which makes him he laugh/smile.

• Elrohwen
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                        7318 posts Send Private Message

I will be upgrading to version 3.0 next February. 😛

• LBJ10
                                                                                          Moderator
                                                                                          16898 posts Send Private Message

I have a hard time accepting the fact that I’m not a 2.0 version. LOL

• RabbitPam
                                                                                            Moderator

Oh, man, now I’m really depressed.

Because I am either Version 5.5

or
                                                                                              55 years old in Gregorian calendar years. It’s the same!!!!!
                                                                                              (Sarita, come have early bird special dinner with me and we’ll try to remember our twenties….)

• Sarita
                                                                                              Participant

LOL – no kidding RabbitPam – I’m getting invites to AARRP (American Assn of Retired Rabbit People) in the mail already but hey, I’m liking the discounts that I am going to be eligible for :~) There are some benefits for us older versions!

• Roberta
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                4355 posts Send Private Message

We elderly need to stick together for moral support… My dear 80 yo mother keeps reminding me I am old enough to join the senior citz with her…….I can just see myself at the annual dinners now…..

• Chronicambitions
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                  80 posts Send Private Message

2.1 but my yearly upgrade is coming soon.
                                                                                                    The fact that nearly everyone is an adult is probably why I like binky bunny better than other forums. I don’t feel like I’m too old to be here.

I always think everyone is a woman too.

• kralspace
                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                    2663 posts Send Private Message

and my job today is to make ALL of you feel younger! I’ll be 61 in October 😉 As accident-prone and Murphy’s Law prone as I am, I’m really surprised I’ve lasted that long.

In my 7th year with buns, still have my original pair the Lady Pringles and Daisy, 3 yr old Dammit Charlie and a recent adoption, 7 yr old Lucy from NTRS. and a cranky 18 yr old cat, Sandy. Come to think of it, with the exception of Charlie, I do run a Senior Home 😉

• Beka27
                                                                                                      Participant

Great to see you, kralspace!!! How have things been in your neck of the woods?! Is the city coming back together?

6.1! That’s awesome!

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                                        Moderator

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                          Moderator

It is nice to see you Kralspace. Did Toby leave for the bridge? I’m really sorry if I missed this.

@mustachebunny: your post was only edited because you stated your age, that’s all. You are welcome to be here on the forums. No one was implying you’re too young to care for rabbits.

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                            Moderator

Huh. Earlier I figured I’ve been kicking about for 13,487 days. Now I’ve noticed my BB posts count is similar number at 13,494 +.
                                                                                                              (I may be suffering some insomnia atm…)

• Valkyrie
                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                              185 posts Send Private Message

Haha I am version 2.4 with bpash89 and tanlover14.

I have to disagree with you bpash. I just recently realized that I can start saying I have over 20 years of experience with some things, AND ITS AWESOME! :p Lol I really discovered it when I was filling out an adoption application for a rabbit rescue last week…I have had rabbits since I was 3 and that means I have over 20 years of bunny experience! ^_^ I guess my younger sister and I were the exceptions to the kids shouldn’t have bunnies idea, although I am the only one who still has bunnies. She says she misses them, but not the smell (oh the hay and shavings) so she just gets her bunny fix at my house.

And my boyfriend also loves bunnies. I think he was a little hesitant 5 years ago when I said I was getting another bun and it would be his furbaby too (we weren’t living together yet), but man he loved Merlin! He never had a rabbit so I think he thought it would be like the family hamster he and his 5 siblings had as a kid. He was pleasantly suprised and spoiled him rotten! All of the care decisions and cleaning are left to me, but he has no problem feeding or picking them up now. He is scared of doing something wrong and it has only been recently that he would pick up the bunnies at all, but I think this is also due to Merlin being a rescue who was afraid of being held.

• hannaroo
                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                317 posts Send Private Message

2.1 happy birthday skipper mama!

• RabbitPam
                                                                                                                  Moderator

kralspace, thanks for that, I do feel younger.

Roberta, if you go to that dinner with your mother, all the older guys will hit on the young chick – YOU.

• FrankieFlash
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                    1710 posts Send Private Message

I love the decades thing. I’m version 2.2 then. I’m glad I’m not the youngest. I’m the youngest in my group of sellers at work.

• Nibbles123
                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                      47 posts Send Private Message

Im not gonna state my age…. But im sure im one of the youngst here considering i dont even know what a decade is…… I think ive been alive for a decade…. But either way i am still just as responsible if not more responsible then lots of adult bunny owners ( or at least i try to be )

• Valkyrie
                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                        185 posts Send Private Message

A decade is 10 years Nibbles… My guess is that you are not old enough to be allowed to even state what decade you are in.

• RabbitPam
                                                                                                                          Moderator

Mustachebunny and Nibbles, I want to echo what Jerseygirl said – that it’s strictly a rule about posting your age, not a comment on whether or not you are responsible in caring for your bunny. It has to do with spammers and trolls that search the internet for a mention of age, teenagers in particular, and try to contact you. It’s a form of security to protect you from people who have nothing to do with bunny care, but may be checking out sites with young people. I felt it best to copy the rules both for your benefit and for other members, who occasionally need reminding of our security measures, like age, full name, etc.
                                                                                                                            Please don’t take it personally. Thanks, RP.

• RabbitPam
                                                                                                                            Moderator

Locked by request.

Viewing 59 reply threads
                                                                                                                          • The topic ‘are most people on binkybunny adults?’ is closed to new replies.

Forum THE LOUNGE are most people on binkybunny adults?