Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.Β  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.Β  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best.Β 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time.Β 

BUNNY 911 –Β If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?Β  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules.Β 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Β Don’t have a vet? Check outΒ VET RESOURCESΒ 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited.Β The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.Β  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE April pics

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ellie from The Netherlands
      Participant
      2512 posts Send Private Message

It’s really spring again: the sun is high enough to get some sunshine in the house. Breintje took his chance, of course, and heated all his sides. Afterwards he did one of his rare flops ^_^

Ahhh yes… Warm butt!

The left side a bit πŸ™‚

….. and flop!

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

<3 <3 <3 he looks so content!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bam
          16877 posts Send Private Message

He’s so wonderfully symmetrical! πŸ₯°

• Ert000
            Participant
            130 posts Send Private Message

Looks so sweet ❀️❀️ My bunny doesn’t like sunlight. πŸ™„πŸ™„

Love for animals is the escape of human from human..

• prince dorian the bun
              Participant
              743 posts Send Private Message

OMG Breintje is just too cute. How big is he? He looks so tiny.

Participant

Breintje is very tiny indeed, he’s about 1,3 kg. For a Netherland Dwarf that’s pretty big, but he’s probably a false dwarf. That means that he didn’t inherit the dwarf gene, but because he’s still a Nethie he’s still a very small bun. My BF’s previous rabbit was a true dwarf girl, a Nethie as well, and she was about 1 kg.

I once took a picture of Breintje near my sewing kit, to make an anti-fur advertisement for my costume atelier. The text is a pun: “bont” is the Dutch word for the material called fur, but the word “bont” can also mean “riotous/overdone/clashing”. The idiom “Het te bont maken” means that somebody is going way too far. I’ll happily sew a barbarian costume for people, but I won’t go as far as to sew with real fur πŸ˜‰

Here he is compared to a large bobbin of yarn and a measuring tape:

• LBJ10
                  16908 posts Send Private Message

I see a little tail to boop!!! πŸ˜€

Participant

Haha, you can’t even get close! We always freeze and tiptoe about the house when he’s flopped. One unexpected sound and he’ll be in his tunnel again, so those pics took quite some covert action. He’s so lucky that it’s such a lovely weather out here: all the conditions are just right to get some sunshine in the living room between 9:30 and 10:00.

My apologies btw, I noticed that I have sent unsollicited big pics πŸ˜‰ I should adjust the picture size a bit when posting. You don’t notice the size on your phone, but I got stared at by a larger-than-life Breintje on my computer screen and thought: hmmm…

• HipHopBunny
                      Participant
                      640 posts Send Private Message

Awwwww, Breintje is adorable!! <3 Such a sweet bun. πŸ₯°

Here are some of my very photogenic Silver:

• Cinnamon Bun
                        Participant
                        205 posts Send Private Message

Binkie – a flopped out princess bun…

• Cinnamon Bun
                          Participant

Oops, sorry about that – pic came out a bit on the large side. It’s my first time posting photos so I wasn’t sure how to resize it. However, thanks for the posting help!

• kanin
                            Participant
                            139 posts Send Private Message

Yaaay I love seeing everyone’s sweet and gorgeous buns!! I’ve recently learned that the vacuum cleaner makes an excellent snuggle buddy. Take notes y’all!

• HipHopBunny
                              Participant

Ooooh, Binkie is so cute!Β  She definitely looks like she’s enjoying herself! πŸ˜‰

@kanin –Β  Too funny about the vacuum! Looks like the buns’ are resting after a long day’s work!Β  πŸ˜›

• kanin
                                Participant
                                139 posts Send Private Message

LOL a long day of watching me clean up after them. πŸ˜‚

• Cinnamon Bun
                                  Participant

@kanin – The buns snuggling with the vacuum – haha! Fizz and Nora are way cute beyond words.

@HipHopBunny
                                    – Aw, thank you! Silver is adorable!

And Breintje flopped out in the sun! That’s too cute.

• prince dorian the bun
                                    Participant

Breintje is just tiny! Dorian is about 1.85kg… and I used to think he was small πŸ˜€

Love the Binkie flop, she looks very relaxed. Silver is indeed photogenic.

& I get a very different reaction to the vacuum!Β  They look cute flopped next to it!

Participant

So many floppy buns, it’s a lovely sight!

Silver really knows how to work that camera ^_^

Binkie looks gorgeous with her silky black fur. I’ve always loved animals with black fur because they look so regal with their shiny coat! Sadly I heard that black animals don’t get adopted that much these days, because…they don’t photograph well. Yeah.. πŸ™

@kanin: You can see them thinking: “I absolutely love work: I could watch people work aaaallll day!” πŸ˜‰ Your buns are lovely, and brave too. Most animals hide when that monster shows up. Breintje just growls and attacks the thing until it’s gone, same for brooms etc.

• Hazel
                                        Participant
                                        2587 posts Send Private Message

So many cute and beautiful bunnies! πŸ˜€Β  Keep ’em coming guys!

• prince dorian the bun
                                          Participant

@Hazel I am noting the lack of contribution to this thread! πŸ˜€

And before I can be called out in return here are a couple of Dorian.

I am not sure what the little curled paw means.

Asleep in his favorite spot

Participant

Hehehe, that curled paw looks a bit like a royal posture in paintings. A daintily placed hand or a bold outwardly facing foot πŸ™‚

He looks so sleek and shiny btw!

• prince dorian the bun
                                              Participant

Ellie he is very much a little prince, a lot of preening and posing royally on pillows to look down upon his subjects (us) … so that description is very apt!

• DanaNM

So my friend is an architect, and he made us an epic/cat bunny house! He’s going to pack it flat and ship it on over, will have to take pics once the buns get to play in it. πŸ™‚

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Participant

Oh, that is beautiful! Reminds me a bit of a church with the gothic windows. Sounds like rabbits finally get the recognition they deserve: worship at the altar of bun, and thou shalt be blessed with binkies and love! Shame that the fur raining down upon us doesn’t taste like manna, even though there’s plenty of it. Ah well..

• HipHopBunny
                                                    Participant

Wow! That’s a beautiful little house! I love the patterns on the walls. πŸ™‚

Looking forward to the pics of them enjoying it! πŸ˜‰

• DanaNM

I will definitely get pics before they start “redecorating” it!

• Hazel
                                                        Participant
                                                        2587 posts Send Private Message

@prince dorian the bun : Oscar is shedding up a storm at the moment, he has explicitly forbidden me to take any pictures until he looks more presentable. πŸ˜†

Dorian’s curled up paw and pinned ears make it look like he’s ready to throw down. πŸ˜‰Β  I doubt he could find anyone to get into a fight with though, they would just stand there and “aww” at him.

@DanaNM : That looks great! Can’t wait for your buns to try it out! πŸ˜€

• prince dorian the bun
                                                          Participant

@Hazel – that’s a very legit reason! Fast molting for Oscar!

@DanaNM – that’s really cool, it does look like a church. It will be fun to see the pre and post redecorating pics!

& Ellie you crack me up! I am glad to report our mana supply has radically decreased as I think I was about to get a hairball myself!

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE April pics