Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Anyone use a pet cam?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • prince dorian the bun
      Participant
      743 posts Send Private Message

I am a ways off with bonding, but once they start having nights together I was thinking a pet cam would be great to see what they were up to. Also for when I have to go back to work (hybrid at least) it be nice to check in on them. Any one have one they like? Do buns respond to your voice at all, or is that a feature I can ignore?

• Wick & Fable
        5770 posts Send Private Message

When I was bonding Wick and Fable, I would set-up a Zoom call with my phone and laptop, haha. In general, totally fine to have a pet cam as long as the wire is nice and tucked away.

I would not pay any extra for a talk-through feature. A floating voice coming from something that doesn’t make sense is unlikely to do anything for two rabbits if they happen to get into a tussle or something. It would probably be included in general “white noise of the environment” since it’s not accompanied by your body as a visual cue.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• prince dorian the bun
          Participant

Thanks @Wick&Fable, I suspected as much. I was hoping for a wireless one as, not even sure that’s an option though. Hopefully there won’t be any real tussles by the time they are overnighting on the regular, but it would be interesting to see what they get up to when no humans are about!

• Azerane
            4688 posts Send Private Message

I have one that I’ve only just started using (it was a gift so I didn’t research before buying). I think it’s an Orion grid connect smart pan and tilt. I’ve just been using it with the free grid connect app. It plugs into the wall for power and then uses wifi to connect to your phone.

I can watch live, or review footage (though only up to the recent midnight), so the footage you can review basically deletes every night at midnight, rather than being a rolling coverage or maintaining 8 hours to review or something. I can also take pictures and record segments of video as I’m watching, switch from standard to high def and set alerts for motion (though the bunnies don’t seem to be big enough to set off the motion detection). It has colour day footage and then the black and white night footage which it automatically switches to when the lighting is too dim.

It has a speaker and a microphone, so I can listen to what’s happening, as well as talk through it, although the speaker quality isn’t good. I don’t really use either of those features. I don’t know if the bunnies would respond to my voice, but I did try telling my cat off through it one day and she didn’t pay any attention! There are also settings for pre-set recording times though I’m not really sure how they work.

There’s probably more features but I haven’t bothered to learn them, lol. I set ours up because Apollo started having seizures so I wanted to be able to check in from work or in bed if I heard a noise. It also means I can do other things around the house while still keeping an eye on him. I like being able to flick through the night’s footage to check if he had a seizure, even if it only goes back to midnight.

Use caution though, it’s easy to become addicted to just staring at the footage waiting for them to do something 🤣

• prince dorian the bun
              Participant

Lol, I appreciate your warning! I  can so see myself wasting hours doing that.

I’ll add that one to my research list.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Anyone use a pet cam?