Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE anyone elses bunny do this?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • rainyy
      Participant
      9 posts Send Private Message

when my bunny eats vegetables, his fur becomes really floofy and when hes done eating, it becomes normal again. it doesn’t happen when hes eating pellets or hay. its really cute and i wonder why it happens?

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

I’m not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but a rabbit’s fur is very indicative of how a rabbit feels. Some buns get pretty excited over food they really like. Excitement can make the hair stand up on many species, and not just negative excitement. We often think that it means aggression or defensiveness, but it can be about any overwhelming feeling that puts the system on alert.

So maybe your bun just really loves vegetables.

• rainyy
            Participant

wow thats interesting, he always gets really excited when we give him vegetables like he’s jumping around crazily when he sees us going into the refrigerator lol

• ParsleyBun
            Participant
            119 posts Send Private Message

My buns twitch their butt when they eat! 🐰

• rainyy
                Participant

haha same its sooo cute

• Bladesmith
                Participant
                849 posts Send Private Message

He doesn’t get poofy, but Loki goes in head first, and all I can see of him is everything from his ears back.  His whole face is in his salad.5 minutes later, there’s a perfect circle of greens spread around the plate.

And the spoiled monster won’t eat those scattered greens unless I pick them all up and put them back on the plate.

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                  Participant
                  2512 posts Send Private Message

@Rainyy: That’s so sweet ^_^ One happy bunny!

We haven’t noticed it yet in Owen and Molly, but Breintje’s butt always twerked when he ate banana… and his own cecals… 🙄 Ah well, nothing better than homemade, eh? :mrgreen:

@Bladesmith
                    : ooh, a fussy one! Love it ^_^

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE anyone elses bunny do this?