Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Anyone else’s bun do this?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bladesmith
      Participant
      849 posts Send Private Message

I’ve noticed, over time, that Clover during the course of the day, ALWAYS orients herself to me.  In the mornings of course, she does her binkies and circles around my feet, then jumps into my chair and demands to be picked up, and then I have to sit on the floor so she can stand on my lap and dig at and suck on my shirt.  I’ve got video around here somewhere….

After that, she sits next to me in my chair for my first cup of coffee, but from then on, she’s either sitting on or next to my feet, or within 5 feet of me.

In the afternoon when it’s hot, she sits on the tiled floor behind me, but still within that 5 foot radius.  Except at the height of the day’s heat, she sits when she’s in front of the air vent, sucking up the A/C.

And in the evenings, she’s back again in my chair, on my feet, and during tv time and before bed, I’m lying on the floor (Bad back), she’s planted right along my side, tucked under my arm, with my hand resting or stroking her head while she lays her chin on my arm.  She frequently goes completely out during these times, and slips into her dream state.  Lots of twitching and dream honks.  And sleepy poops.

She gets pretty miffed that she can’t get to my bedroom to sleep with me too.

But no matter what, she has to be right near me at all times. I’m not complaining, but this seems like unusual bunny behavior.  Dawn, by comparison, likes to spend the day doing her own thing, and just occasionally come by for human contact.

• Gordo and Janice
        Participant
        703 posts Send Private Message

Nope, Icey would situate herself so that I or we were always in view. But there wasn’t a 5 foot radius limit. But she would do specific orientations like just poking her head out from under the bed dust ruffle to keep tabs on us while she chilled or had her chin propped up on the cross bar of the kitchen table chairs again in an orientation to be keeping tabs on us. She would definitely come to get her pets and body rubs when she wanted them (and me being a well trained slave, she got them and more). But nothing like Clover. And Icey did expect and demand full 24/7 access to the bedroom as well. Bedtime or not. If the door was closed for whatever reason she would annoyingly, incessantly claw with her boxing claws and scrape the flat surface with her teeth until someone fixed the situation. We would open it and she wouldn’t go in. She would just stand there, look all around with her little head, analyze the situation, give a little head and body shake of “There! That’s better!” and run off back to the living area. It just needed to stay open, because she said so.

Clover sounds like she so adores and longs for her human and his interaction like most people adore their rabbits and long for their affection. But while not all people get that from their rabbits, it would appear that Clover got the best deal ever. As you said, she chose you. She must be incredibly intelligent and knew you were the prize human. She knew how to pick ’em.

• CocoaPuff
          Participant
          16 posts Send Private Message

My bunny loves attention. She loves being picked up for snuggles and pets. She follows me around but also has her own time (middle of the day) where she sleeps in a house I built her. She can’t follow me everywhere since we have a bunch of tile and she refuses to walk on that. Think hippopotamus on ice.
            However, I’ve been very sick recently. I had a fever for 3 days and then lost my voice for 4 days. One of the nights I forgot to lock her pen door and I stumbled out of my room for ice water in a feverish haze. On my way back I almost tripped over her. She had walked all the way across the kitchen making sure I was okay and was trying to tiptoe back to the carpet.
            Sometimes I feel like they really do understand what’s going on. She HATES tile and anything to do with it. And she won’t even cross it for parsley. But she’ll do it for me when she knows I’m super sick.

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

Clover clearly thinks she’s a small dog.

Elara is becoming more and more attached to me. And I love it! 

She has free-roam when I’m home and spends most of the morning with me and my daughter. Afternoons are for napping in her condo and in the evening, after Everly goes to bed, she is super lovey. She wants pets and snuggles. She is the first bunny in over 15 years who will seek me out on the couch and come lay down beside me. I’m really happy with our relationship because she was so nervous and I wasn’t sure that she would warm up to me much when I adopted her. And she’s a mega kissers. How I’ve missed those little kisses. 

• Bladesmith
              Participant
              849 posts Send Private Message

@Gordo and Janice: Aww, your kind words make me blush! She certainly knows what she wants, that’s for sure. Last night, I wanted to sit in my chair and watch Pacific Rim: Uprising, but Clover INSISTED I get down on the floor with her. She tugged and tugged on my socks, stood up and put her feet on my legs, even honked a few times. So I lie down on the floor, she circles me a few times, then slid along side of me, stuck her head under my hand, and slept through the entire movie.

Yes, I am a bunny slave.

• Gordo and Janice
                Participant
                703 posts Send Private Message

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! I can picture the whole scene. You two are truly lucky, slave and master!  Nah, lucky sounds too random.  Let’s say fortunate and blessed.  Regardless, such a wonderful bond on a conscious and deeper level.

• Sofia
                  Participant
                  348 posts Send Private Message

Awh this is too much cuteness for me to handle!! Boo seems to constantly give me the stink eye or judge me for something or other? not affectionate at ALL. Apart from the occasional head stroke when she falls asleep, then she’d normally wake up, go to the other end of the room, and fall asleep again.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Anyone else’s bun do this?