Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Any tips guys?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • kimberleyanddarren
      Participant
      2520 posts Send Private Message

So i know we have had a post like this before but i thought it would be nice to get some more information, that may not have been said or is updated or whatever so, does anyone have any tips for me for when i bring Hopscotch home? Unfortunately the vet is quite a way away so it will be quite a long drive back, when i bring him home should he go in his hutch? with just blankets and no straw or anything? also do u have to go back to get the stitches out or do they dissolve?

Oh and an update on my other bun, apparently i cant have him till next saturday now because of all this crap like i am having visitors and my family are staying and i just dont have time to deal with u getting him any everything, i said hello all i have to do is open the door and take him. she is like nop has to be next saturday.. stupid woman 😐 im worried about my poor bunny, i want him as soon as possible but i also dont want to piss the woman off incase she says i cant have him

So yeah any tips for neuter? (which is on friday btw)

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

I wouldn’t take away his litter box or anything like that – keep his routine the same. I would have a clean litter box though for him and clean the whole area.

Most neuters bounce back very quickly. I would just try to keep him in his cage for at least 72 hours after the procedure.

As for the stitches, that depends on the vet – you’ll have to find out what they use and get that info from the vet. Some use dissovable and some do not.

• notjulesverne
          Participant
          207 posts Send Private Message

Piccolinos stiches were dissolving. I would guess most are. Just make sure everything is clean to steer clear of the possiblity of infection.

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

For the males, you sometimes actually have to keep them from running around as they are usually ready to run about before females. So you may want to get him some boredome busters l(check out the homemade toytest section) example: stuff hay and goodies in a cardboard roll. That way he can keep busy without running around. (They can actually pull out their stitches if they are jumping up and down on furniture too early after surgery) The stitches will dissolve – or at least that is how they are mostly done here.

Great that you have soft stuff for him to lounge on. Just make sure he is eating and drinking, and that the incision is healing properly.

Regarding having to wait to adopt your other bunny – honestly, unless i misunderstood the post, I can understand why the place/person would want you to wait if you have all this stuff going on in your household as it’s best to have a peaceful quiet place where he can settle in. It’s actually stressful for a bunny to be in a new place in the first place (even though it may better!), so I just imagine she was looking out for the bunnies best intereset and wants to make sure the transition is as positive and nuturing as it can possibly be.

I’m excited for you though, so keep us updated!

• RabbitPam
              11002 posts Send Private Message

BinkyB, I think K&D was paraphrasing the reasons the owner of the bunny gave for waiting until Saturday, Yes? She’s the one taking the little guy to visit her family with her (in London, right) just before giving him to K&D. It didn’t make sense to me either – unless she’s hedging because there’s a family member who “might” want the bunny and she’s planning on coming back without the bun, but isn’t telling you that. It’s kind of strange, however, it will work in Hopscotch’s best interest to have a few days rest at home with everything normal.

No advice but just wondering if you have any levels, like platforms in his cage, that he needs to avoid climbing. I know some people take their platforms down temporarily to keep the healing bun on one floor/level. I’ve forgotten when the snippysnip happens. Today?

• BinkyBunny
                8776 posts Send Private Message

OHHHHH!!!  Thanks for clarifying that for me rabbitpam! Gotcha!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Any tips guys?