Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A any NY bunnies?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Gina
      Participant
      79 posts Send Private Message

Hey girls!  We are moving and need a new vet in the Rockland or Westchester County area.  We love our vet, but she is in Franklin Lakes, NJ.  I have a rabbit that has an absess that we have been treating for about a year, and need to be close to a good vet.

Thank you!!!!

• Moonlight_Wolf
        Participant
        1155 posts Send Private Message

You could always look on the house rabbit society website at the reccomended vets -here
          http://www.therabbitresource.org/recommendedvets.html#nyc

• Gina
          Participant

i did check those but none of them are within 15 miles… still pretty far   also checked bunspace and the HRS

• jerseygirl
            22345 posts Send Private Message

Would your NJ vet be able to give any recommendations? Be great if the rabbit savvy vets networked. Hopefully a member from that area will chime in soon though…

Edit: Some to check out maybe?  Westchester County, NY

Dr. Gil Stanzione

Dakota Veterinary Center 381 Dobbs Ferry Road, White Plains, NY 10607

(914) 421 – 0020 

source: http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11622&forum_id=9

Dr Laurie Hess

Bond Animal Hospital
              250 Central Avenue
              White Plains, NY 10606
              (914) 949-8860

source:http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/Vet_NY.html

• Elrohwen
              Participant
              7318 posts Send Private Message

This is a little further away than Westerchester/Rockland, but my vet is in Wilton, CT and their whole practice is awesome and very experienced with exotics (Hop Along Hollow rescue uses them exclusively). Check out South Wilton Vet Group and see if they’re close enough to you. They’re actually 40-45 min away from where I live, but they’re worth it for any serious issues. For nail trims I just go to a more local place.

• Gina
                Participant

Thanks girls!  After looking everything up, my vet is only a few minutes farther than the rest (55 minutes).  probably will stick with them, its just annoying to keep going back for the medication to be refilled!

• jerseygirl
                  22345 posts Send Private Message

Is it a medication you could get elsewhere if the vet arranged it so? Then you could just continue to see your vet for actual check ups. Or does your vet need to see your rabbit each time you refill?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant
                    12067 posts Send Private Message

Good thnking Jers!! I’d check and see if your vet could phone the prescrip in somewhere closer for you?

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A any NY bunnies?