Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE All Clean!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
    • MountainBuns
      Participant
      513 posts Send Private Message

The bunny that leaped into my life a couple of days ago is now clean! After tons of brushing and inspecting, I’ve discovered she is gray and white

I haven’t decided on a name yet, I will try and post pictures for everyone to see!

PS: I’m having trouble posting them due to the size limit, I’ll keep trying!

You can see her rescue thread here:

https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/168516/Default.aspx

• Sirius&Luna
        Participant
        2319 posts Send Private Message

Glad she’s clean!

For photos, you first need to be on a desktop not a mobile, and second, you can resize either online somewhere, or I just email them to myself from my iphone and choose ‘send as small file’.

Then you have to upload, and THEN insert into post. It’s a bit of a hassle!

• MountainBuns
          Participant

Oh ok thanks!

• MountainBuns
            Participant

Great news!.

She has gotten a clean bill of health from the vet, luckily!

As you said, he told me to introduce veggies slowly and make sure she is eating her hay.

She is very active, lol just yesterday she could barely eat on her own. I allow her on my bed where she digs at my sheets and pillows. She has also started licking me. She’s such a sweet girl, I’ve decided to name her Storm as a tribute to her backstory.

Today I noticed she was licking the floor a lot, not sure what that’s about. She did groom herself a lot, as well as me. The floor thing is the only thing that I find out of the ordinary, anyone experience this too?

• jerseygirl
              22338 posts Send Private Message

Today I noticed she was licking the floor a lot, not sure what that’s about. She did groom herself a lot, as well as me. The floor thing is the only thing that I find out of the ordinary, anyone experience this too?

Maybe a bit of self-soothing? Or she could have had a mate she’s missing?
                Some rabbits are just very licky though, and will groom lots of things.

• MountainBuns
                Participant

I did want to see if I could get her a friend, she’s aggressive with everyone besides me. But maybe she’ll become more affectionate

• MountainBuns
                  Participant

I was finally able to get pictures,lol as you can see she is messing up my bed. Such a cutie

• Sofia
                    Participant
                    348 posts Send Private Message

Just read your story and wow!! That is one lucky bunny to end up with a caring dedicated owner like you… Loving the pictures, she’s such a cutie ♡♡

• MountainBuns
                      Participant

Lol thanks

• MountainBuns
                        Participant

Meanwhile in Baltimore…

I went a little overboard with the toys and treats, RIP my wallet. But its all worth it when I see that Binky! I’ve started introducing her to pellets, as soon as she saw the bag. She binkied, I gave her a very small portion but she kept begging for more, the pellets are all Timothy hay. She got a carrot shaped timothy hay braid as well.

I also got some Oxbow Simple Rewards which are now her favorite thing in the world. Lol such a spoiled bun. She’ll sniff them out and beg for some more, they’re high fiber which is good. She keeps following me for more lol!

• Gordo and Janice
                          Participant
                          703 posts Send Private Message

Good for you. Love the story. Appropriate name for backstory and color. Enjoy reading about people like you and stories like yours. Lucky lucky girl. She has no idea she is being spoiled. For all she knows this is just life and life just gets better and better.

Our rabbit would lick the floor all the time. At first it was kind of gross to me. It’s the floor. Where we all walk and track things in. It would be like my child licking the floor all the time. Not something I would be comfortable with. It just didn’t seem right and a very dangerous unhealthy thing to do. I couldn’t understand why and even more I couldn’t understand how she didn’t get sick from constantly licking the floor. But after a while and her never getting sick it became normal to us, just another thing she does. I figured rabbits have an incredible immunity to whatever is on floors. And they do eat their own poop after all so… But yeh, every time she would lie down somewhere she would go into licking the floor clean all around where she could reach with her tongue without having to get up. Crazy girl!

I’m glad she is being so interactive with you. Just cute. New bunny ownership at it’s finest.

• MountainBuns
                            Participant

Gordo and Janice-

That’s nice of you to say!

Yeah lol, after all she does seem to enjoy it.

I know right, I didn’t expect for her to be this laid back.

• LBJ10
                              16870 posts Send Private Message

OMG, she’s beautiful! Blue eyes?

• MountainBuns
                                Participant

Lol no, she has hazel colored eyes. Thanks for saying she’s beautiful though!

• LittlePuffyTail
                                  18092 posts Send Private Message

She is super adorable!!!!

• LBJ10
                                    16870 posts Send Private Message

I was curious because blue eyes would suggest that she is Vienna marked. So based on your answer, she’s probably part Dutch.

• MountainBuns
                                      Participant

She looks like a Netherland Dwarf to me. I’m convinced she is a pug in a rabbits body lol

• Q8bunny
                                        Participant
                                        6345 posts Send Private Message

She’s SO pretty! Queen of the bed.

• MountainBuns
                                          Participant

Lol I know right

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE All Clean!