Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING After a fight

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunny-yawns
      Participant
      36 posts Send Private Message

Nibbles and Maddie are doing as to be expected.  I’m having a very difficult time keeping them seperated at times because Maddie is so quick and wants to be around Nibbles so badly.  A few times she’s gotten away on me and into Nibbles’ territory.  A chase session ensues.  Tonight, Nibbles didn’t instigate the chase for a while…she just watched Maddie.  She did really well, but then had enough and chased Maddie.  The funny thing is, when I’ve seperated them after the chase sessions, they are both flopped out with their hind legs straight out behind them.  Nibbles never did that before Maddie came along.  I just find it odd that they seem to be having a scuffle one minute, and the next minute they are flaked out and relaxed.  Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

They are flaked out like this with a divider between them? If that’s the case, then this is what is commonly referred to as “flop wars”. It like they’re saying “I’m so relaxed…I’m not threatened by you AT all”. Other flopped bunny responds “Yeah?” “Well, I’m not threatened by you either!”
          OK, so I don’t know if it’s exactly like that but you get the idea. This sort of behaviour is often seen prior to the bond. I wonder too if the divider takes away some of the mistrust so they feel more comfortable to be near one another. They often want to be close to one another but before a true bond is formed, there is a lot of uncertainty between them. My other thought is that sprawling out this way helps them cool down temp wise. Anyway, whatever the reason, it’s not unusual to see this.

• bunny-yawns
          Participant
          36 posts Send Private Message

Actually they are in different rooms.  Nibbles has the main living room while Maddie has the spare room for now.  

Wow, has Nibbles ever come out of her shell already!!  So far, so good.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING After a fight