Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums HABITATS AND TOYS A toy rabbits will go crazy for!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Amys Animals
    Participant

And YOU can make it!  I just took a brown paper lunch bag, punched some stars into it, filled it with hay and treats, and tied it up.  My rabbits totally went CRAZY for it!  I was so surprised!  They are having a ball tearing it up and getting the treats and hay out.  

Here is a picture of what it looks like….

bunnygirl
    Participant

Apollo always goes crazy for his ‘treat bags!’ as I like to call them. He goes so crazy for them, it’s a family joke that they must contain crack or something and we’d never get them past the border!

Amys Animals
    Participant

Yeah, seriously I had never thought of trying it before but I was bored and had all the supplies so figured why not! Never thought they’d go that crazy for them! Next time I will try to get video of them going at it! =P

colleenbunny
    Participant

That is so cool!

mocha200
    Participant

I made a video about this a little over a month ago. I have made these for about a year now and every time I make them, my rabbits go crazy!

RabbitPam

Thanks to both of you for describing this toy.
    I just made one (for the first time) and I improvised a bit. I had an aging willow wreath that had pointy stick ends showing, so I plucked the leaves off of it and tossed them into the bottom of the bag as well. Mixed it up with hay and pellet treats, and voila!
    She is napping right now, so will give her a new toy to play with this evening.

mocha200
    Participant

Let us know how she likes it RP!

LittlePuffyTail

My buns love treat bags. They like the type of toy that gives them a food reward for their efforts.

StickyBun
    Participant

I have not been able to get our StickyBun interested in any toys yet…so I just made one of these! Fingers crossed that he loves it! So far the only thing he wants to do is tear up carpet when he has play time outside of his pen…which is a big NO-NO!!
    Thank you for sharing your idea…I would never have thought of it on my own!

natsbunnies
    Participant

Great idea. I will have to get myself some paper bags and string to do this asap.

Amys Animals
    Participant

Make sure it’s something bunny safe, like Sisal string and not like thread or yarn.

natsbunnies
    Participant

Ok thank you I will try track some down .

NuggetBuns
    Participant

This is a wonderful idea! My bun is always chewing and digging up the carpet when he’s bored or can’t get attention from us. The toys I get from the pet store are usually destroyed after a few hours of bringing home, so I really need to all the creative ideas I can get. Thank you so much for sharing =D

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.