Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A a question about rabbits

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • jpgood
      Participant
      84 posts Send Private Message

I know that when you are pregnant you shouldn’t be cleaning  cats litter  but is there anything simmilar to that with rabbits?    I am just wondering ya  that is just wondering

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

there’s nothing dangerous about cleaning bunny litterboxes, except as time goes on it get harder and harder to bend down and do the bunny chores. that is when it’s helpful if a husband, boyfriend or family member can help out.

• jpgood
          Participant

So I can still be around her and pet her and stuff ?   I don’t want to  ignore shadow for the next nine months.

• Beka27
            Participant

AWWW!!!!!!! CONGRATS!

silly you, trying to be all mysterious… lol!

• jpgood
              Participant

its very  new  right now  I ahven’t even got the blood test results back yet  but a postive home test.  We are happy but anxious.  Its our first one.  Thank you

• Veronica Vigilant
                Participant
                186 posts Send Private Message

I think someone else was asking about this a few weeks back and the answer was that there’s some bacteria or something that is specific to cats so that bunny litter is ok… can’t remember the specifics, just that bunny litter doesn’t have the same concern as cat litter so it’s no problem!

• skunklionshow
                  Participant
                  1257 posts Send Private Message

Cat feces can carry a parasite called Taxoplasmosis.  Bunnies do not carry this parasite.  As additional information:  Current AVMA recommends that pregnant woman and individuals w/ compromised immune systems should not handle cat feces directly.  Though they can maintain contact w/ cats w/ no problems.  I have a friend that’s a vet and she said that many OB/Gyn’s still say that woman should have slight contact w/ cats.  She has had 3 babies w/ no problems as a vet.

Congrats on your new addition (hopefully)!  You must be so glad that they don’t use the rabbit test anymore

• Beka27
                    Participant

^thanks SLS. i know it’s something that starts with a “t”, but i never remember exactly!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A a question about rabbits