Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE a lump on lulla’s thigh

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • xnovalentine
      Participant
      309 posts Send Private Message

I was just petting lulla on my lap when i felt a lump of some sort on her thigh, if they even have thighs. Its on her side above her foot.

It felt sort of like a large scab, it was not round or tumor feeling, and I tried to take a look at it but that didint go over well. It is not bleeding and theres no sign of bleeding on the spot, there wasnt any discharge at all from it. I’m not sure if it hurt her when I touched it, she didint make any noises but she did try to get away from me. It could of been because I was holding her in the air why she ran off, but I’m not sure if it could have been a pain reaction.

She hasn’t been licking at it, or acting strangely in anyway. I just happend to notice this right now.

I wonder if its from her spay, where maybe the inserted a catheder (sp?) or drew blood from this spot. But her spay was 2 weeks ago tomorrow, so wouldnt this spot of healed by now if it was from this? And would they do it on her leg? I guess that makes sense.

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be or if its serious and call the vet?

Update: I just got a good look at what exactly it is — it looks to be a cut, maybe she cut herself running around. Is there anything I should do to treat the cut? Is regular Neosporin and Peroxide alright to put on it? I was able to hold her down long enough to get a reaction from her when I touch it and it does seem to hurt her when i touch it and now shes a bit protective when i go near that leg. Probably because I was poking around so much.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

I think they usually put the catheter in their front leg for surgeries. I always say when in doubt have the vet check it out.

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

It’s hard to say what it might be, so a visit to the vet would not be out of the question. You can also call them and ask if they noticed it themselves when she went in for surgery and if they did, what they think it is and if she should be brought in for a closer examination.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE a lump on lulla’s thigh