Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! A little about me, but mostly about my bunnies

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Late
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Hi..! Umm I’m very nervous about breaking any rules but here goes…

So hi, my name is Late. It’s not my real name, not even close, but you can call me that. I’m a girl. 

I own two bunnies, named Iines and Rumpali. The names may be confusing but I’m from finland, so they’re normal here atleast.

I got them around 2014 and I really did not know anything, literally anything about bunnies. My dad just got them for me as a present, and of course I was happy! They we’re young, and did have a pretty bad life.. Still kind of have, but atleast now i’m doing my best to fix everything and make them happy.

Iines is a female and Rumpali is a neutered male. They live in the same cage, outside. Or.. Kind of inside? They’re in a garage like place. They would live inside if my stepmother would believe me when I say that they are not exactly like chickens, and that they really don’t smell too bad.

So, here’s Iines: 

She is currently pretty chubby, and she still sometimes may lunge at me. Haven’t seen her personality that well yet since she doesn’t trust me enough yet. But she allows me to pet her, so I have been making some progress. Also slowly switching to a much healthier diet.

So, that was Iines. Here’s Rumpali:

He is also slightly chubby, but he eats a lot more hay. (Iines should be eating more hay..)

I haven’t been making any progress with him and he is very scared of everyone. Not so suprised as I was a stupid kid when I got them and treated them very badly. Hopefully he will trust me in the future, I really love him too.

If you have any tips other than sitting there and humming or offering treats, (that’s what i’ve been doing) feel free to offer help!

• Daisy
        Participant
        199 posts Send Private Message

Welcome! I’m new here myself as well.  Cool, Finland! The only Finnish word I know is perkele and I think it’s a swear word. :’) Usually food makes you instant bffs with your bunny, I’m not sure what else you can do to make friends. Some bunnies don’t feel the need to become friends with their owner, especially not if they are bonded to another rabbit.

• kurottabun
          Participant
          908 posts Send Private Message

Hi Late, welcome to Binkybunny It’s good to know that you are trying your best to make everything better for your lovely buns. They are so adorable!

To know more about how to care for a bunny, you can go to the BUNNY INFO section of this forum – there’s some great information there that you can check out

The basic diet of a bunny should be hay (80% of the diet), pellets, some vegetables and clean water. To get them to eat more hay, you could try cutting back on other non-hay foods. If a bunny still isn’t eating as much hay, it could also indicate a teeth problem and will need to be checked out by a rabbit savvy vet.

Rabbits should have a space big enough for them to exercise and run around everyday. To bond, you can just sit in their pen and get them used to you being there. Don’t try to pet or handle them, just sit and read a book or something and allow them to sniff/explore you. Giving them treats would also work, but it takes time to build up trust, especially if they were mishandled before.

Is Lines spayed? It’s vital that she is as she would be at least 4 years old this year if you got her in 2014. Females have a high chance of getting uterine cancer around this age.

Sending the best vibes for both your buns!

• Late
            Participant
            2 posts Send Private Message

Thanks!

And unfortunately, iines is not spayed. 

The only vet that could do the operation is almost an 6 hour drive away, and my dad won’t take iines that far..

We are, though, taking them both, iines and rumpali, to a vet checkup near us, they can’t spay bunnies but they can take care of smaller problems. Iines does have big signs of teeth problems. But I really hope she doesn’t catch the cancer, since that’ll be the death of her.. Even if it could be cured, my dad probably wouldn’t pay because iines is already almost 5 and it would be expensive. 

I do only have about 50 euros, and if that can help with anything involving my bunnies i’ll definitely give that, atleast.

Oh and yeah, they have hay, water, and I give them basil almost everyday (almost, because I go to live with my mom every other week..)

Their food, pellets are better than they ever have had, but it still could be better.

They also started eating more grass, since we moved them from the cold garage to the warm sun some time ago, and they really, really love it there, they lay in the sun (don’t worry, I put a mat on their cage if it starts to get too warm.) and are overall really happy. I am planning to put them into a larger cage to run around in, and it’s bigger and better than their winter cage over in this pic here.

(I don’t have a picture of their summer cage right now though.)

Sorry for the late answer and long text, I like to share everything that’s happening. 

• BrunosMama
              Participant
              1485 posts Send Private Message

Welcome!

They’re lovely bunnies. Don’t be too hard on yourself about your previous bun care. The important thing is you have learned from it and are making amends.

I hope you are able to learn a lot about bunny care here.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! A little about me, but mostly about my bunnies