Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A 8 month long ear infection-please help

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Erinbauer91
      Participant
      6 posts Send Private Message

Hi.

I have a male 8/9 year old lop mix rabbit named Mocha.  I adopted him at 2/3 years old and since then he has suffered from ear infections 2-4 times a year.

typically we do a course of antibiotics and he’s good to go after 14-30 days.

currently he has had an ear infection since June. We started with packing his ear an Otic pack for two weeks and then again for two weeks Then we moved onto baytril then we did a culture that said baytril should’ve worked, but since it didn’t we used Cipro as it also tested as effective.  We just refilled the cipro script after our 30 day course and are currently on day 40.  There are days where I do think it looks better and then the next day there will be large thick gobs of pus in his ear again. The pus is sometimes bloody, but has lost its yellow color and is just white now.
        Our second opinion vet told us it is hard to see deep into his canal, but that it is possible she saw a tumor.  She stated it isn’t something I should be worried about though.

I just feel like after 40 days of cipro we should be further along. I’m staring to get very concerned.

im just curious if anyone has any next steps, or ideas for us.  He is eating well and pooping normal.  He lives with another male rabbit Latte who has not suffered any ear infections.  I clean their space multiple times a week.

please any info is appreciated.

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry I just noticed no one has replied to this. How is your bunny doing now?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A 8 month long ear infection-please help