Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING 2nd bunny

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Luka
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

Hey there everyone I had a few questions. I was looking at getting a 2nd bunny my first bunny just hit 6 months old she is a female. i was wondering if 2 bunnies can be together and if so what is better same gender or different? my cage is 73Lx42Dx28H there is a 2nd floor along the side. any tips would be great 🙂

• Bam
        16937 posts Send Private Message

Rabbits as a rule do very well in pairs, but they need to be introduced to each other gradually. This is known as a bonding process. Both rabbits should be neutered and given time to heal before the bonding process is begun, but you can start pre-bonding earlier. A female + male bond is statistically the easiest to achieve and the most stable over time.

Are the cage measurements in centimeters or in inches? If it is in centimeters I’d say its too small even for one rabbit.

• Luka
            Participant

so the cage is in inch sorry forgot to add that and okay my big thing is the neutered because down by me it is about 1k to neuter a female bunny.

• DanaNM
              9038 posts Send Private Message

It isn’t recommended to bond unless you can get your female spayed (the term for the procedure in a female animal). When the female is hormonal it can trigger a lot of issues with bonding and it can be impossible to get a stable bond.

1 K is very expensive … what country are you in? Bonding aside, spaying in female rabbits is good to do as it prevent reproductive cancers. Female rabbits have around a 7% rate of reproductive cancers by age 4 if they are left “in tact”. 🙁

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Luka
                Participant

hey there i am from Toronto and ya i am going to spay her 100% was just looking to get my money up a little people have told me as long as its before 1 year i am good

• DanaNM
                  9038 posts Send Private Message

Gotcha! Hopefully you can find a vet that’s more affordable! Sometimes the vets that don’t do many spays charge more, but the ones that are more experienced and do more spays actually charge less.

And yes as long as you spay in the first couple of years she will be fine. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Susanne
                  Participant
                  422 posts Send Private Message

The cage sounds too small even in inches, as one bunny would be extremely limited, bored and unhappy. Mine run around various times of the day and binky, zoom, etc and they would have no room to be happy and run around in a cage that small. Please let them out several hours per day if that is the best option possible, and if you get 2, you can get a dog exercise pen (or 2) to keep them in when unsupervised. As far as getting a second, you’ll also need neutral space to bond them, and a second place to keep the new bunny until they are bonded.  Rabbits need space.

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING 2nd bunny