Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Wow another potential bunny owner referred

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnytowne
      Participant
      7537 posts Send Private Message

Was at store today. Had bought several bunnies for my charging cords. Put on the part closest to phone etc to keep from getting bent and wore out. Brought up bunnies. Man behind counter said his daughter wanted a bunny. He tells her its a lot of work. I gave him binky bunny. Yall taught me everything i know about bunnies. And house rabbit society. This is the 2nd person in a week. We discussed chewing cords, remote control buttons and books.  I said please do the research before getting a bunny. And they can be litter box trained. He said he definitely will do the research and put the paper in his pocket. Yay.

• DanaNM
        9050 posts Send Private Message

Way to go! Especially nice to educate people as we approach Easter. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• bunnytowne
            Participant
            7537 posts Send Private Message

Thats so true. Easter is bad for bunnies. The pet store down the road. On an election ballot people could vote to an selling of animals in pet store. It went thru.  Now in the neighboring city Melbourne they can still sell live animals.

• Bam
            16957 posts Send Private Message

Wonderful, thank you Bunnytowne! 😃

• DanaNM

They passed something like that in my old county as well, where pet stores could no longer sell rabbits.

I think it was for the best overall, but unfortunately it just meant more breeders in the area. Then during the initial phases of covid when the shelter was closed to the public, everyone turned to the breeders. Then down the road we had a lot more rabbits dumped on the shelter from people who had gotten them from breeders but not been fully educated on the responsibility of owning a bunny.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                Participant
                2512 posts Send Private Message

@bunnytowne: Nice, well done!

@DanaNM: That’s so sad 🙁 It really shows who is only in it to make money.

A law has been proposed here in NL that pet shops will have to educate buyers, but I don’t know if that’s been passed yet.

Our favourite pet shop was renovated and they’re not selling live animals anymore. That was a personal decision, but I’m very happy about it. They also stock better rabbit food and healthier treats 🙂

The pet shop in our local shopping centre still sells animals, and we’ve stopped buying there because the owner is a nasty character. She seems to get annoyed when people ask questions, and makes you feel unwelcome. I hope that they will stop selling pets too, because I doubt that they’ll inform buyers properly. She has a “Just buy it and fluff off!”-attitude.

• DanaNM

That’s great that a business made a decision on their own to do the right thing! My fav pet shop also doesn’t sell live animals. I feel like they tend to carry better products too, because they aren’t so focused on selling an animal and then all the associated start-up “gear” as their business model.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Wow another potential bunny owner referred