Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE What’s your routine?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Nibbler&Georgie
      Participant
      35 posts Send Private Message

I was just wondering what different routines you all have with your rabbits. I thought it would be a cool way to share haha

I’m lucky and my work allows me to have a mid morning break for a couple hours before I go back to work, so my bunnies get about 45 minutes each of playtime in the morning, that’s generally when I feed them veggies. And then when I get home from work in the evenings I try to give them each a couple hours out for play time. And then when they go back in their cages for the night I give them their pellets. Nibbler will hop back into her cage a lot during playtime, whereas Georgie would rather stay out the whole time. Its so interesting how each bunny is different and have different routines!

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

Weekdays:
          5:30am –> pellet feeding while both buns go crazy and try to parkor through the tops of their closed cages
          6am –> I leave for work and make sure everything is locked and they have enough water and hay for the day, turn the light off and tell them to have a good day and be good bunnies.
          6pm –> I return home, and immediately feed them and I’m greeted with excited bum shakers
          6:30pm-12am –> each bun takes turns being out for an hour to an hour and a half. most of the time they’re hopping around and being naughty, and sometimes I’m getting cuddles
          12am –> Clean out water dishes and fill them up, and top up hay
          Weekends:
          9am –> pellet feeding for disgruntled buns that are eating later than the usual 5:30am
          9:30am-2am –> if I’m home all day, the buns get equal turns out of their cages (except in the afternoon when they sleep Asriel likes to sleep in his cage and Bombur out)
          9:30am-12:00pm –> each bun gets an hour and a half out before I run errands
          5pm-2am –> buns alternate time out when I’m home from errands
          8pm –> salad time

• joea64
          Participant
          1423 posts Send Private Message

Weekday evenings:

1) Come home, greet Panda and Fernando. On alternate evenings, empty their litterbox and refill it with litter and fresh hay, also refresh the hay rack on the side of their condo cage.
            2) Empty and refill the water bowl, remove their pellet bowl, empty and clean it. Prepare the buns’ evening salad.
            3) Give them their greens and fresh water.
            4) When they’ve had some time to eat their greens like good little rabbits, give them each an Oxbow treat.
            5) Set up the X-pen and attach it to their condo so they have a large space to run and play in, place their large hidey box and cardboard tunnel in the space. Let the buns out.
            6) Have daily floor session with the bunnies. Afterwards, do my other things while talking with the buns and offering to pet or nose-boop them if they come up to the X-pen bars.
            7) Usually about 7:30 pm, give them a small bowlful (1/4 cup total) of plain rolled oats.
            8) The X-pen stays up overnight, at least 9-10 hours on weekdays and up to 12-14 hours on weekends, so that the bunnies have a good long block of time out of their cage.

Weekday mornings:

1) Get up and greet the bunnies. They’re usually in a “pettable” mood in the early mornings.
            2) Put fresh hay into the litterbox and empty and refresh the water bowl, remove the (always empty or nearly empty) greens bowl and clean it out.
            3) Give them their morning “cereal” (1/4 cup of Oxbow adult rabbit pellets), with another baked treat each for dessert.
            4) Take down the X-pen and stow it, making sure the buns are secured in their condo.
            5) Get ready for work and say goodbye to the bunnies, tell them to be good and that I love them.

Weekends:

Mostly the same as above, except that Panda and Fernando get at least three or four more hours’ time out in the X-pen on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. Also, their condo is cleaned on Saturday afternoon, as well as the litterbox. Chat with the bunnies every time I come up to their condo while they’re inside. Fernando is generally more eager to be nose-booped than Panda, who has in the past generally sheltered in one of the hidey boxes, the litterbox or under the ramp between levels, though she’s becoming more outgoing as time goes by.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE What’s your routine?