Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.ย  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.ย  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best.ย 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time.ย 

BUNNY 911 –ย If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?ย  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules.ย 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! ย Don’t have a vet? Check outย VET RESOURCESย 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited.ย The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.ย  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Welcome my new buns! ๐Ÿ’•

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
    • Moonlightbunny66
      Participant
      694 posts Send Private Message

Hey everyone! I finally got my new bunnies today from the animal shelter! Iโ€™m so happy! ๐Ÿ˜Š They were neutered a few days ago, Iโ€™ll be attempting to bond them in about 6 weeks. They are big bunny boys. The grey one is literally cat sized. They both have their feet kicked out right now (they canโ€™t see each other so they donโ€™t know theyโ€™re doing the same thing lol). They both vacuumed up some pellets from my hand. The white one let me pet his head and put it down for me. I had to put in fleece since they were both digging at the plastic and made holes in it (it was supposed to be for litter training to put the pee in the litter box). So I hope they donโ€™t do the same thing with the fleece. Wait I just saw the white one digging at the fleece… Can someone help with that? Lol. Theyโ€™re so cute though. I love them ๐Ÿ’˜. Iโ€™ll be expanding the pens, donโ€™t worry (you canโ€™t see the full thing). The white one has been drinking water, the grey one hasnโ€™t yet. They both have eaten a little hay. Iโ€™ll give them lettuce later. The white one has flattened his hidey house twice… I guess he prefers it that way. Heโ€™s been chewing it. Iโ€™m also going to pick names once I know them better! Welcome my buns! ๐Ÿ’ž

• Moonlightbunny66
        Participant

(By the way thatโ€™s not pee in the last photo he stepped in the water lol) I do hope they are litter trained though

• HipHopBunny
          Participant
          640 posts Send Private Message

@Moonlightbunny66

AWW! They are absolutely too cute!! ๐Ÿ˜€ I am so excited for you! They look like such nice, and regal buns. I am sure they will make a great match. ๐Ÿ™‚ As for the fleece digging, one way to get them to stop is too make the fleece un-appealing to them, put down toys, fun things to climb on and such, and it should do the trick. ๐Ÿ™‚

If they don’t have good litter habits, there is a section in the RABBIT INFO that shares stories and tips on how to litter train them.

Again, I am so happy for you! Give them each a pet for me! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Moonlightbunny66
            Participant

@HipHopBunny Thank you!! ๐Ÿ˜Š Iโ€™ve got some toys in there and the white one decided the hidey house is a toy! I tried putting it back in the shape of a house after he pushed it down but he flattened it again lol. Itโ€™s a chew toy now. My mom is bringing home some apple sticks for them! Iโ€™ll have to look online for more toys. ๐Ÿ™‚ Iโ€™ll watch and see if they decide to use the litter box or not!

• DanaNM
              9050 posts Send Private Message

Awww congrats! They are so cute! I love that pic of the white one with his face smushed into the wires!

Do they have names yet??

For flooring, might be easiest just to throw down some cardboard instead of the fleece for now. That way it’s easy to replace and safe if they chew it up. Some buns are just fleece chewers, esp if it isn’t pulled tight.

Like mine are OK with it if it’s stretched over a piece of plywood and clamped down, but not just as a blanket, if that makes sense.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Moonlightbunny66
                Participant

@DanaNM Thanks!! ๐Ÿ˜Š Iโ€™m working on names, I just wanna know their personalities better! Thanks! Iโ€™ll try that if they chew the fleece. The white one already tossed around and smushed his cardboard hidey house flat to chew on and rip. So thatโ€™s a part of his floor now lol. They havenโ€™t been eating much hay, is that okay? Maybe theyโ€™ll eat more tomorrow? Not sure if they are just nervous or donโ€™t really like the timothy hay. I just fed them their lettuce and they ate it all and are sleeping now!

• Louiethebunny
                  Participant
                  604 posts Send Private Message

Louie was never a digger, but Lola is, and some ceramic tiles did the job for me. I LOVE THEM! They are such cuties, and flops already? They must love their new home!

• Moonlightbunny66
                    Participant

@Louiethebunny Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š I love them too!!! ๐Ÿ’• They do seem happy now they are more settled in. The grey one is currently laying down with one foot the the water bowl lol. Iโ€™ve been with them all day now, so they are a little trusting of me. They are more scared of my family. They have been enjoying resting and chewing. I wish they were eating more hay though!

• DanaNM
                      9050 posts Send Private Message

I would just give them a bit more space and time to chill out. My buns don’t eat so much hay during the day, and usually need a bit of time to chill after any kind of travel. As exciting as it is, try not to hover too much. Hopefully by this evening they will be munching away.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Moonlightbunny66
                        Participant

@DanaNM Yeah Iโ€™m trying not to bug them too much but I had to clean up a bit. They are in my bedroom so Iโ€™m in here all the time lol. I gave them more hay in the litter box because they seem to be eating that more than the hay in the racks. Bedtime now so we will all be sleeping! ๐Ÿ™‚

• LBJ10
                          17012 posts Send Private Message

Aww! They are adorable!

Oh… how about Ferris for the gray one!

• Moonlightbunny66
                            Participant

@LBJ10 Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜Š Aww thatโ€™s a cute name!

• Bam
                              16957 posts Send Private Message

Welcome new, beautiful buns! That wittle white face when you offer a pellet! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

When I buy fleece for buns I buy the cheapest I can get at IKEA or Dollarstore, because they will bite holes it and dig in it and it will need frequent laundering.

• Moonlightbunny66
                                Participant

@Bam I know right!! Adorable ๐Ÿ’• Yeah I got mine at the dollar store but I think I need more lol. They like to make a mess!

• prince dorian the bun
                                  Participant
                                  766 posts Send Private Message

So Cute both of them! Congrats @Moonlightbunny66 !ย  So cute the are already all stretched out!! That’s a good sign for sure. Here is to no litter box issues.

Oh and digging the fleece, I just let Dorian do it, it seems part of his going to bed routine… his room is time so don’t really worry about it, but in the carpet area all the corners have to have some sort of barrier. I have some heavy plastic mat thing for under office furniture, pieces of card board and a bed. I could see tile being great!

• Moonlightbunny66
                                    Participant

@princedorianthebun Thank you so much! Yeah they are resting well ๐Ÿ™‚ Iโ€™ll watch to see if the digging keeps being an issue! Good ideas!

• Bladesmith
                                      Participant
                                      849 posts Send Private Message

You must name the gray one “Steele”. So that you may say that you have……Wait for it…….

“Buns of Steele”!

Thank you, I’ll be in the corner awaiting my beatings.

• Moonlightbunny66
                                        Participant

@Bladesmith LOL nice one! ๐Ÿ˜†

• Peanutthebunny
                                          Participant
                                          239 posts Send Private Message

sorry im late. they are so cute what are their names

• prince dorian the bun
                                            Participant
                                            766 posts Send Private Message

I am not sure how to edit my comment, but his room is not some tardis with floors of time…. that was supposed to say tile.

@bladesmith
                                              That’s horrible!! ( I approve ๐Ÿ˜€ )

• Moonlightbunny66
                                              Participant

@RabbitLover908 Still deciding names!! ๐Ÿ™‚

@princedorian I was wondering about that LOL yes the tardis

• LBJ10
                                                17012 posts Send Private Message

So how are Finn and Ferris doing? Hehe!

• Moonlightbunny66
                                                  Participant

@LBJ10 LOL they are doing good! Lots of flops from my white bun but I havenโ€™t seen the grey one flop yet. Iโ€™ve seen him stretch out and yawn multiple times which was so cute. I just woke up so I havenโ€™t checked the pens yet… Iโ€™ll have to look and see if they have made a big mess during the night!

Viewing 22 reply threads
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Welcome my new buns! ๐Ÿ’•