Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE We made it to 4 years!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • Muchelle
      Participant
      1141 posts Send Private Message

Against all odds, I’m gladly announcing that we made it to K’s fourth birthday. It wasn’t easy to get here, I am still on 24/7 alert mode to make sure he doesn’t play jokes on me, but we are here and that’s what matters.

These 4 years haven’t been an easy ride, with the first year being extremely hard for me psychologically (he was an unwanted gift, as some of you may remember) and the other two extremely hard for him. Yet we managed to learn from each other and to truly bond over his sicknesses. I never thought I’d think this, but he’s truly my fur child, ever since he’s been on my lap for one solid month nonstop. It feels like our relationship has been re-established and molded by that pain, that now feels a bit like a necessary experience we had to live through to understand each other. Now he’s not afraid anymore that someone will steal his food or hit him and knows the safest place to be is behind my back if anything scares him. Which is kinda everything.

I know he has one of those tiny, no-cortex brains, but we get each other and he’s really the best thing that happened to me in a long while. 

K one year ago

Us now  [senpai isn’t noticing me :C ]

Also this marks about 3 years for me on the forum I wholeheartedly thank you all for helping me and keeping me going when things were going down the drain. Going forward, I hope I can help others as much as I’ve been helped.

[now I’ll stop being sappy, Gotta go shoo those ninjas cutting onions]

• professorzap
        Participant
        72 posts Send Private Message

That’s so awesome!  Glad that things have turned out so well and that you’ve enjoyed your time on the forum!  I’m pretty new to membership here myself, though I have read the posts for quite some time.

BTW, bunnies do have a cortex and can be MUCH more intelligent than people give them credit for…An example being my precocious bunny overcoming the barriers I’ve put up to keep him out of my kitty’s room   I especially loved this blog post I read about how smart bunnies are and how to stimulate their intelligence: https://bunnyapproved.com/bunny-logic-101/

• Luna
          Participant
          2219 posts Send Private Message

Hoppy Birthday Lord of Darkness! And a Happy BB 3 Year Anniversary to Muchelle as well! Kuro’s resilience through those tough times definitely gives other buns strength and hope.

• Bam
            16957 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations, Kuro! And to you too, Muchelle! And 3-years BB-congratulations as well! Thank you for being here and for letting us get to know The Prince of Darkness aka the Pirate Bun aka Kuro ???The bond that has developed between you is so inspiring and heart-warming ???

• MountainBuns
              Participant
              513 posts Send Private Message

Congrats! Thats wonderful news!

• LittlePuffyTail
                18092 posts Send Private Message

Happy for you both! Woot woot!!!!

• LBJ10
                  17014 posts Send Private Message

Congrats to you both! Here’s to many more years together!

• Bam
                    16957 posts Send Private Message

I meant Lord of Darkness!!! Although he is a prince too =)

• BB8
                      Participant
                      101 posts Send Private Message

Oh wow! Congrats to both of you!

• Gordo and Janice
                        Participant
                        703 posts Send Private Message

Most definitely congratulations to you both! I’m new here so I didn’t know about your histories. Bless you both for making it through and developing such a special and unique bond. Here’s to many many more years as well.

• Muchelle
                          Participant

Sorry guys, been a couple of long days! Also sorry professorzap, I meant to write corrugated cortex, but I’ve edited the post so many times it got lost in editing. K aced his trixie activity board in 2 minutes square

Thank you everyone for your words, they mean a lot <3

The Dear Leader aka The Lord of Darkness just tore apart his cow again, bday celebrations went a bit out of hand lol

• kurottabun
                            Participant
                            908 posts Send Private Message

He is so cute! And oooh his name is Kuro? My hubs wanted to get a black bun and call it Kuro lol! We got a black otter one in the end so we named him Kurotta. Kuro + Otta, but we still call him Kuro for short sometimes Kurotta says hi and wishes the best for his fellowbun!

• BrunosMama
                              Participant
                              1485 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations on making it to four years! So happy your bond is strong now!

Here’s to many more!

• Muchelle
                                Participant

@kurotta YAY another Kuro! I love his color pattern <3 Well for sure we won't have naming problems, since mine is usually just addressed as "K" or Little Lord of Darkness on the forum At home he’s just “nano” (dwarf)

@BM, thanks <333

• kurottabun
                                  Participant
                                  908 posts Send Private Message

@Muchelle Haha Kuro says thanks <3 I love K's little white nose too and Nano is such a cute name hehe.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE We made it to 4 years!