Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Wanting To Start A Rabbit YouTube Channel.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Millie
      Participant
      42 posts Send Private Message

Good afternoon, friends! 

So, I have been binge watching countless rabbit videos, and have been inspired by a few channels. 

I have a few questions in mind and was curious to see what your answers to them are. 

How do I get my videos seen? I have been noticing as I browse youtube that there are a few very popular rabbit channels with tens of thousands of subscribers & 1000+ views, and all the other channels are getting little to no views, and only 10-50 subscribers. There doesn’t seem to be an in between.

I have some very cool ideas in mind for videos, and I don’t want to get trapped in the death hole of youtube where no matter what I do, I don’t get notice. Do you have any tips? How to become (and stay) relevant?

Also, what type of content do you guys, as consumers, like to see? I want to make videos that people will be interested in, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask others what they would like to see, to get a small idea of what the rest of the community would enjoy.

Thank You, -L 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

• pinknfwuffy
        Participant
        660 posts Send Private Message

Hi! Welcome to BB!

There are a lot of great rabbit content creators out there and I’m so glad to hear you want to be part of the Youtube rabbit community. I have a channel with a few videos of my bunny on it but I use it mostly to share videos with family and friends (and here on BB). I’m only in it for fun, not for subscribers or revenue.

That said, it seems like the most popular rabbit channels provide two things (1) education and (2) entertainment. Some channels, like 101Rabbits, focuses on educating rabbit owners about how to properly care for their rabbits (while also showing her adorable sweetbuns!). Other channels focus solely on making cute videos with their bunnies whether they can do tricks or just look adorable. I think it is important to decide what kind of theme you want your videos to have and whether you’d like them to be informative, entertaining, or somewhere in between.

It seems important to be connected in lots of different ways. Instagram and Facebook are supplements that help creators connect with their audience and create a brand. What is your channel about? What do you want to say? Social media seems to help bridge the gap and get more people noticed. You’ll also want to pay attention to the titles of your video and the words you use to tag them. I have a rabbit named Olaf so if I make a video called “Olaf Being Cute” it won’t search very well because the name Olaf is already over-saturated in the Frozen market and there are plenty of cute videos out there. I would be better off calling it “Olaf the Rabbit Does Tricks” or something similar to get more search-worthy results.

Keep in mind that Youtube is changing its policies so any channel with less than 1000 subscribers and 4000 viewing hours will not be able to monetize their videos (i.e. ads) until they reach that threshold. The platform has changed a lot since it started so it is good to keep in mind that there isn’t as much financial gain in making videos as there used to be.

That said, I think I lot of it comes down to the quality of your content, how often you post videos, and being patient. Sometimes it can take a while to build a core following. I, personally, would love to see your videos if you start a channel! Good luck!

• Millie
          Participant

Thank you SO much!! This helps a ton, for sure taking all of this advice 

I’ll be sure to let you know when I start the channel up!

Have a great day! -L

Posted By pinknfwuffy on 1/18/2018 12:50 PM

Hi! Welcome to BB!

There are a lot of great rabbit content creators out there and I’m so glad to hear you want to be part of the Youtube rabbit community. I have a channel with a few videos of my bunny on it but I use it mostly to share videos with family and friends (and here on BB). I’m only in it for fun, not for subscribers or revenue.

That said, it seems like the most popular rabbit channels provide two things (1) education and (2) entertainment. Some channels, like 101Rabbits, focuses on educating rabbit owners about how to properly care for their rabbits (while also showing her adorable sweetbuns!). Other channels focus solely on making cute videos with their bunnies whether they can do tricks or just look adorable. I think it is important to decide what kind of theme you want your videos to have and whether you’d like them to be informative, entertaining, or somewhere in between.

It seems important to be connected in lots of different ways. Instagram and Facebook are supplements that help creators connect with their audience and create a brand. What is your channel about? What do you want to say? Social media seems to help bridge the gap and get more people noticed. You’ll also want to pay attention to the titles of your video and the words you use to tag them. I have a rabbit named Olaf so if I make a video called “Olaf Being Cute” it won’t search very well because the name Olaf is already over-saturated in the Frozen market and there are plenty of cute videos out there. I would be better off calling it “Olaf the Rabbit Does Tricks” or something similar to get more search-worthy results.

Keep in mind that Youtube is changing its policies so any channel with less than 1000 subscribers and 4000 viewing hours will not be able to monetize their videos (i.e. ads) until they reach that threshold. The platform has changed a lot since it started so it is good to keep in mind that there isn’t as much financial gain in making videos as there used to be.

That said, I think I lot of it comes down to the quality of your content, how often you post videos, and being patient. Sometimes it can take a while to build a core following. I, personally, would love to see your videos if you start a channel! Good luck!

• Muchelle
            Participant
            1141 posts Send Private Message

Just last night Phillip de Franco posted a video with a lot of useful insight for small/starting channels in regards to YT’s latest policy updates I’ll leave it here in case it interests you. Good luck!

• Millie
              Participant

Thank you so much!! Checking out the video now 

Have a blessed day, -L

Posted By Muchelle on 1/19/2018 8:53 AM

Just last night Phillip de Franco posted a video with a lot of useful insight for small/starting channels in regards to YT’s latest policy updates I’ll leave it here in case it interests you. Good luck!

• Azerane
                4689 posts Send Private Message

Hi there It takes time to build a youtube channel. It doesn’t happen overnight and a lot of the time people don’t have the commitment to stay with it and really build a channel (I have a channel myself but have barely uploaded in the last year even though I was progressing well). Not only does there have to be regular content, but the content has to be good quality, and the information correct. I’ve watched so many youtube channels about rabbits and other pets, younger creators have a bit more trouble because either the quality or the knowledge simply isn’t there. Then there are some adult creators that I don’t watch because I feel they put out unsafe information or I don’t like their style of video etc etc.

In terms of building a channel, content is obviously the most important, however it’s also so important to engage with other youtubers. You have to watch other videos and comment on them, not to ask them to see your channel or watch your videos but to comment on their video. To say that you liked it, or to thank them for the info or to say that you think their bunny is cute or ask them questions about their pets etc. As I built my channel I found people would start to comment on my videos asking me to visit their channel or watch their videos. It’s nothing personal but for me those comments get ignored as I find them rude. So I never asked that of other youtubers for my channel, but just from uploading and commenting on other videos and engaging with other creators my channel got noticed over time

• sarahthegemini
                  Participant
                  5584 posts Send Private Message

The most important aspect is to have the correct knowledge. I’m not going to watch anyone that says females don’t need to be spayed or rabbits need just one hour exercise per day for example. Have up to date information and be clear when expressing it. A lot of people watch YouTube videos about rabbits to educate themselves so be straight up even if it gets a few people wound up. By that I mean, skinnypigs1 for example is very passionate about promoting proper cage sizes for guinea pigs even though a few people get riled up, she doesn’t back track. She isn’t nasty about it, she is just clear and concise about what is and isn’t acceptable. 

Speaking of skinnypigs1, she just a few days ago posted a video about how to start a small pet channel so you might want to check that out.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Wanting To Start A Rabbit YouTube Channel.