Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums RESCUE EFFORTS FOR SHELTERS Update on SaveABunny

This topic contains 47sd replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  kralspace 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Monkeybun
    Participant

A dutch dwarf???

MarkBun
    Participant

And she’s so much more tiny than Monkey.  That’s a regular sized carrot.

Monkeybun
    Participant

OMG she’s purdy.’

..lol regular sized carrot. Uh huh, sure

MirBear
    Participant

monkey your just jelouse mb. STOP LETTING MONKEY TYPE ON THE FORUMS :p
    lol

MarkBun
    Participant

So a happy and sad update.

First the Happy.  Niblet was adopted – even with teh $400 adoption fee due to his teeth surgery, no one could resist this cute boy:

And unfortunately, mazel hopped over the rainbow bridge.  She was moved downstairs due to an influx of boarders and didn’t take well to the move.  Before Marcy could correct the situation, she slipped off peacefully.  However, she was really loved by Marcy and her last few months were great ones.

CharleyGirl
    Participant

Oh no (((binky free Mazel)))

kralspace
    Participant

Yea for Niblett! No one could resist that toothless little face 😉

aawww, so sorry to hear Mazel passed on, poor little one. Binky free girl.

MarkBun
    Participant

Oh, I forgot to mention, there’s a new guy at SaveABunny that has yet to be put up on the website.  His name is Hulk and he’s a big bunny.  He looks a little like Tyson (see pic below) except he’s about 2 feet long while standing.  He’s a sweetie who wants nothing more than to follow you around and get petted.  I had to laugh because they were cleaning when I saw him and he was trying to hide from the vacuum but even the willow tunnel only hid him from the head to his chest.  The rest of him was sticking out.  So if you want a big, love bug (or even Tyson down here) feel free to give them a call and check them out.

MimzMum
    Participant

Oh poor Mazel! ((((((((((sleep peacefully, little bun!))))))))))))) I really felt she was a special bun, maybe because we’d both had cancer…I wish I could’ve brought her home and kept her company.

Good news for Niblet though! ^_^ What a cutie!

MarkBun
    Participant

So I did some transport for some rabbits at SaveABunny.  They all seem to be doing well.  They got a new rabbit in who is literally crazy.  I was told he was a bad nipper so I just had to see him and sure enough, I have a lovely little double incision on my wrist.  The funny thing is that after he bit me and I petted him some more then closed the cage door, he did a bunny flop against it.  He currently has no name and isn’t on the website yet as they want to give him some time to settle down.

But the one that got to my heart that trip was Gemini

He’s been at the shelter going on 3 years now (I believe).  He used to be a very energetic bunny but when I walked by his cage, he was lying on his side and his belly looked distended.  I opened up the cage and he let me basically manhandle him while I checked him out – he’s fine BTW.  And then he just laid there while I petted him.  Marcy told me that he’s just getting depressed being in the cage for so long and really wants a forever home but she’s been very particular about who’d adopt him because he holds a special place in her heart.

I am VERY tempted to get him as a third bun but that dang Maryann…

kralspace
    Participant

goodness, what a beautiful bunny. I wish I were closer to you Markus so I could at least go play with him everyday.

You never know about Maryann, could be like my Pringles. I thought she was happy with Daisy, but one look at Toby and it was love at first sight. Of course, that would mean you could take Dono dating then…….

Sarita
    Participant

Poor Gemini – he’s so cute, I cannot understand why he doesn’t have a home. Let us know when the biter is on the website too. I guess getting a good nip in made him happy LOL.

MimzMum
    Participant

That is one gorgeous bun! I’d been in line for him myself if I were closer.
    lolz…Mr. Nippy Bun has his pound of flesh, so he’s happy. ^_^ If he’s crazy maybe his name should be March Hare? …”You’re late for TEA!” *throws cup*

MarkBun
    Participant

Well the ‘crazy’ rabbit has a name now, Chief Crazyhorse. I went there on Sunday to read to him for a while, during which time, he ran laps in his cage, threw over his litter pan and flopped a half dozen times. Another volunteer came in to give him snuggles and after capturing him with a blanket, had him swaddled up and snoozing in her arms. We then tried an X-pen to see if he just wanted more room. He seemed to be content for a while, even let me pet him while he was about exploring but about 30 minutes into it, he began nipping me all over again, so I reswaddled him.

However, while I was holding him, I noticed that his teeth were chattering – it wasn’t a tooth purr and I don’t think it was a pain grind – it was literally like he was very cold. I tranced him to check him out and found some sort of growth on his belly – which was absent of any fur (I think he’s been licking at it and removed the hair). I haven’t been able to contact Marcy (the head of SaveABunny) about it yet. But maybe this could explain his foul mood.

Sarita
    Participant

I bet you are right about the growth. Poor little dude. Keep us updated on him.

Sequia posted about a rabbit Tinky that had a litter that Marcy saved. She had 12 babies! I bet she’s in foster care though – not certain what shelter she rescue her from though. If you get any updates on her, I’d love to know. It’s the urgent post in this section.

MarkBun
    Participant

I”ll let you know if/when I see them.

BTW I just found out something about the large Morland rescue we did last year. Apparently the rabbits we rescued are all perfect for a friend for an existing rabbit. Because they were in a large herd, there were only a couple of dominate rabbits and the rest were submissive. So all the ones we have left now are looking for somebun to tell them what to do.

osprey
    Participant

MarkBun, we have found the same thing with the Moreland rabbits taken in by The Rabbit Haven, these bunnies for the most part do very well in pairs and groups.  My former foster bunny Elphie (now Bella) was from Moreland, and she was adopted as a friend for another rabbit.  I think we have only one Moreland bunny in The Haven who is not interested in other rabbits.

MarkBun
    Participant

Well color me a newbie. I didn’t know this but apparently a male rabbit’s scrotal sack is in FRONT of his penis. What I am seeing is some common post-op swelling but Marcy is going to take another look. This is good IMO as, not only does it mean that there’s nothing physically wrong with Chief Crazyhorse but also that his attitude might mellow a little more as the hormones decrease (I had thought he had been neutered for some time).

If it is anything else though, Marcy will let me know.

Monkeybun
    Participant

Silly Mark, aren’t you supposed to where all that stuff is, being a guy and all?

MarkBun
    Participant

How was I suppose to know that a rabbit keeps his family jewels closer to his navel? If that was my case, I’d have a hard time finding pants that fit and forget about tightening the belt!

MimzMum
    Participant

lolz… Erm… no comment except to say that I’m glad the Chief is okay. ^_^ Interesting factoid though.
    Tell him “Hau” for me.

Lintini
    Participant

HA!

kralspace
    Participant

I had to go google that after reading Markus’s comment…lol. No wonder the first vet (non-rabbit savy) I took my boy to to see if he was mature enough to neuter asked me where the heck rabbits kept them….lol

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.