Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Update on my zoo

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sonn
      Participant
      1810 posts Send Private Message

I will preface this with I have no current photos as my phone broke and I haven’t downloaded everything to my new phone yet. I only have one of my puppy that I will post.

I don’t know what the last thing I posted was so I apologize if I repeat anything.

Joey is insane. And huge. The girl is 18lbs! To say she is the boss of the house is an understatement. It has been a challenge to find toys that stack up against her. I found an “activity” thing on chewy that she is obsessed with so I bought 5 more. Lol. She has decided she hates all vegetables and very few fruits. I try chopping them up really finely and hiding them in her pellets but she’s too smart for that. Butthead.

I lost my dog Haven in August 2019 and it completely broke me. I still can’t really talk about it or him without having a meltdown. I miss him more than literally anything in my life. I hate to say it but it has been more painful than losing human family members. He was my heart dog.

I know I posted about a new puppy Hero. He ended up having to go back to his breeder because my dog Pig was all but torturing him. And I just couldn’t handle him growing up terrified. So I took him back and then cried all the way home. He is all grown up now and has an amazing family and is a great support dog for a little girl.

In August 2019 I picked up another puppy (she was very much pre-planned and her pickup date, unfortunately, landed 2 days after I lost my Haven) who is currently training to be my service dog. Her name is Waverly and she is the definition of psychotic. I’ve never seen a more hyper animal in my life. She is also 100lbs and thinks she is a lap dog. It’s amazing and terrifying. She did not put up with Pigs bullying when I brought her home. So they started getting along quickly.

This is her in her Wynonna Earp themed service dog vest. She’s still in training.

I lost my tortoise a few days ago. I still do not know what happened. I couldn’t have a necropsy done due to what is going on in the world my herp vet is gone. He was fine that morning and I went to check on him that evening before bed and he was limp but breathing. I called the regular vet and took him in and they did what they could with fluids in case he was dehydrated. But later that night he was really struggling and passed.

My Mr. Snake is the same. Doing sneky things like slithering and sleeping.

My hedgehog Static will be 3 in a few months. He’s so chill and lazy I sometimes wonder if he’s actually a hedgehog.

That’s all for now. I will be adding a new turtle that I filled out adoption papers for shortly. And I will be adding possibly a hamster that my little cousin has to leave behind when he goes off to college.

• Bam
        16957 posts Send Private Message

Hi Sonn! Lovely to hear from you! I’m sorry about your tortoise.

I’m very glad to hear things has been working out with Waverly and Pig 🙂 Its just crazy that she’s so big now, I remember your insta pix from when she was a wee pup, and it doesn’t seem long ago at all.

Joey is a certainly a big girl too 😀 I hope you’ll post more pix of the zoo when you get your pix sorted!

• Sonn
          Participant

My tort was super unexpected.

Waverly is 103 lbs now and a brute! She’ll be a year old in June. It’s insane! My old insta, unfortunately, is no longer accessible so I had to make a new one.

Joey is a diva up and down. And I will always find it hilarious to see a 100lb dog run from an 18lb rabbit. She is also massive. I learned the painful way to let her vet deal with nail clipping.

• Hazel
            Participant
            2587 posts Send Private Message

Hi Sonn! 🙂

I’m sorry you lost your tortoise and Haven. 😥

I’m glad to hear the rest of your zoo is doing well. Waverly is beautiful, what breed is she?

• Sonn
              Participant

She is a Labrador Retriever. She’ll be a year old next month.

• Hazel
                Participant

She looks kinda silvery, or is it just the picture?

• Sonn
                  Participant

She’s a silver labrador/dilute chocolate.

• Hazel
                    Participant

Oh wow, I didn’t even know there was such a thing! Would love to see more pictures of her! 😀

• Sonn
                      Participant

I didn’t know they were a thing until her breeder. But she’s turning out to be an amazing service dog. A lot of people give me flack for her color but she’s my baby so meh.

She also has an instagram where I post all of her pictures. @waverly.adventures

• Hazel
                        Participant

She’s gorgeous, why would anyone have a problem with her color? Some people are just idiots, they’re probably jealous.

Thanks, I’ll go check out her pictures! 😀

• Sonn
                            Participant

Silver labs are unfortunately a huge hot topic in the labrador world. She’s been called some pretty nasty things by certain lab owners. I choose to ignore it because she is the best girl and I am so so happy her breeder chose her for me.

• LittlePuffyTail
                            18092 posts Send Private Message

Nice to “hear” from ya!!!! Your new dog is beautiful!!!!! She shimmers!

Sorry about the loss of Haven and your tortoise. 🙁

I think BB was still up when I added another bunny to the family, but in case you hadn’t seen, this is my Tommy. Unknown age. Shelter labelled him “aggressive” but he’s a complete teddy bear. He is living downstairs because Miss Elara refuses to share the upstairs. So they each have their floor.

And this is my new kitten, Kira. I think it was October when we started “fostering” her.

• Sonn
                                Participant

Thank you for your condolences.

My best friend in the entire world passed yesterday and I am not doing well.

Tommy is absolutely gorgeous! I want so badly to get a second bunny but I lost both of my jobs due to the current events and am definitely not in a financial position to do so. But I’m also not sure Joey would accept a new bun she is awfully diva-ish. I mean Waverly is 100lbs and Jo can hop into the room and Wave knows her play time has ended.

Kira looks identical to my cat Tiger before he lost is tail. Does “foster” mean “I’m just going to tell people I’m fostering but she’s actually never leaving…”?

• Hazel
                                Participant

I’m so sorry Sonn. 😥  *hugs*

• Sonn
                                    Participant

Thank you.

• Bam
                                    16957 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry, Sonn 💔

• Sonn
                                      Participant

Thank you. It’s been difficult and shocking. We were friends for nearly 20 years and it hasn’t quite set in that I’ll never see or hear her again.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Update on my zoo