Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Two new fluffy family members

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunnybuzz
      Participant
      223 posts Send Private Message

Hi everybunny!

After waiting and waiting (it seems like it took forever! Time goes by so slowly yesterday we FINALLY got my two fluffy monsters. The family was very nice but they didn’t have much veggies in their diet and they have lots of matts that I’m going to have to deal with today.

They are two fluffy, sweet and CUTE sisters  which we decided to name them, Ivory and Dusty. At first it was hard to tell them apart but Ivory is smaller then Dusty has different shaped ears and a white nose. 

When I lost my first rabbit Ruby in August it all felt like a dream and I kept expecting to wake up. Every morning I would expect to see her sitting in her cage demanding her morning salad. The first week you keep wishing you could go back and change anything so that this wouldn’t have happened but at some point I realized that I did every I could to give her a good life. 

Now having to more rabbits in the family it’s kinda like the thing. It feels like a dream, like it’s to good to be true. It makes be so happy that I could give these two Angoras a new home and I know Ruby would be glad. 

Getting to know their personalities is so fun. Even though Ivory is much smaller then Dusty she has a huge personality. She’s my first rabbit that loves me to rub her checks and fell asleep to me doing it last night. If I stop petting for even a second she grunt and push my hand for more. She’s a sneaky sassy princess that needs to get her way but doesn’t nip or even scratch. She LOVES to stand on her hind legs and look around as well as jump up and down the ramp. I have never seen a rabbit to as many binkys as she did their first time

she was let out on the grass. As for Dusty she’s more easy going. She LOVES to be pet and try new foods. She was the first one to try the veggies I give them and explore their run. She doesn’t get annoyed easily and unlike Ivory doesn’t have to stand up or run away at every sound. She’s also very smart and when we tried to get her in the carrier to bring her to her new home, she knew exactly what we were trying to do.

Having bunnies in the family again is great! Even if did have to pee and poop in every corner

It won’t let me upload any of the pictures I have on my camera but I’ll try to upload the ones on my phone later

• sarahthegemini
        Participant
        5584 posts Send Private Message

Aw, how wonderful! I remember waiting for the day that I could bring my two monsters home – I was counting the days, then the hours…

Can’t wait to see photos of them!

• Bunnybuzz
          Participant

Me two lol! It seems to always take longer when your looking foward to something=D I’ll try and get some uploaded soon!

• Boston's Mama
            Participant
            1452 posts Send Private Message

I hated the wait for my last cutie pie before Boston ( Boston wasn’t planned hence not having the wait for him , he needed vet care that wasn’t being provided so he “temporarily” came home with us to get the vet treatment and stole our hearts) – it draggggged
              But I remember the excitement and kid on Christmas feeling you get the day you finally bring them home too
              Happy gotta day to your babies
              Can’t wait for pics!
              Welcome Dusty and Ivory

• Fluffykins
              Participant
              239 posts Send Private Message

Yep I couldn’t sleep all night the night before I was bringing my baby home

I kept telling myself, “go to sleep so the morning will come faster”!!! LOL

• LittlePuffyTail
                18092 posts Send Private Message

Congrats! Looking forward to pics.

• Bladesmith
                  Participant
                  849 posts Send Private Message

Yessss, the Bunny invasion continues!!!

• Bunnybuzz
                    Participant

Yes time draggggssss! But I could hardly contain myself the next morning and it was hard to sit still for the hour drive lol. I’ll take some pics today and try and get them uploaded. Ivory is such a little picture addict. She’ll pose everytime I get my camera out! So pictures won’t be too hard unless dusty decides to give me her butt side lol

Thank you everyone! They are adapting very well and are pretty much the opposite of shy.

• jerseygirl
                      22345 posts Send Private Message

How exciting! They sound adorable.

It won’t let me upload any of the pictures I have on my camera but I’ll try to upload the ones on my phone later

For the camera pics, you may need to rename them and resize them (300kb or less). My camera automatically gives photos a file name with bunch of letters and numbers.

• Bunnybuzz
                        Participant

Great Thank you! I’ll try that.
                          How do you make them smaller? Yeah same here the names are crazy long lol

• jerseygirl

I open my photos in MS Paint and resize there. Do you have Windows?
                            Otherwise, see if any of your photo editing programs have a resize option, or download something like VarieDrop. Or upload pics to a site that does it.

• Lolly9
                            Participant
                            5 posts Send Private Message

I am glad for you!!! Thanks you shared your emotions and happiness. Hope, Ivory and Dusty will bring you only positive

• Bunnybuzz
                              Participant

Posted By Lolly9 on 12/06/2017 6:30 AM

I am glad for you!!! Thanks you shared your emotions and happiness. Hope, Ivory and Dusty will bring you only positive

Awww Thank you so much! I appreciate it

• Bunnybuzz
                                Participant

@Jerseygirl Yes I haved windows Thank you! Do you know if MS Paint is free?

Thank you for your help!

• Luna
                                  Participant
                                  2219 posts Send Private Message

How exciting! MS Paint should already be installed on your computer. Just go to Start, then Windows Accessories, and Paint should be there .

• jerseygirl

As Luna says. it should already be installed. : )
                                      You can open Paint then go open files from there. Or you can do right hand mouse-click on a photo and go down to the “open with” option on the pop up menu. Some programs should be listed, including Paint.

For the resize option in paint, you can do it as a percentage of original size or as pixels. When I open some pics there, they are so big I cannot see the whole pic on the screen. I make them 20% of their original size and that seems to be a good size for uploading here on BB.

• Bunnybuzz
                                      Participant

Thank you guys so much!!!! I’ll have to try tomorrow=D

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Two new fluffy family members