Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Thread for lily: poorly kit

This topic contains 31sd replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  lily 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

lily
    Participant

ok thank u so much! I may start a new thread but I’m gonna talk with my parents to see what we can do for the bunny because my dad thinks it is best for him to be put to sleep since he cant walk very well since his legs are deformed. I’ll submit pics on here if I can, but I’m at school rn so I’ll have to do it later!

bonnie_bunny
    Participant

If he’s over a year old, is eating, pooping, playing, and acting like a bunny then there’s no reason to put him to sleep. Plenty of humans walk a little funny and live perfectly fulfilling lives. If he can get checked out by a vet so you can get confirmation he’s not in any pain and is otherwise healthy, maybe that will change your dad’s mind. He might need a little more help than the other guys, but I bet you anything that as long as he isn’t in pain, he’ll be as happy as a bunny can be.

lily
    Participant

ik, I love him so much ❤ but when I got home from school, i took him out of his cage for a bath and he rlly isn’t looking good! he can barely walk and I cant see him struggle anymore. my dad said I have to put him down this weekend cuz he rlly isn’t doing well at all, my family rlly cant afford all of the medical treatment he needs. he can barely up to get a drink because his legs can hold him up. I’m so sorry guys, I rlly tried my best to help him ?

lily
    Participant

hopefully u guys can see these pics: tell me if u can!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TcHtBnLnM5XzxF9R9

lily
    Participant

this is what he looks like now, ik he looks horrible?

Sirius&Luna
    Participant

The poor baby certainly looks quite sick. Thanks for doing so much for him.

When you take him to the vet, maybe you can ask their professional opinion? It may well be that he is too sick to ever live a happy life, but it may also be that with dedicated treatment, he could live a semi-normal life. If the vet thinks that treatment could help him, perhaps you could see if there was a rescue willing to take him on and cover his medical costs?

lily
    Participant

I’m not going with my dad to the vet because it’s just rlly sad, but I’ll try to ask my dad to see if there is anything else we can do for him. I just hope that it is not in pain. ?

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.