Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE The Pouting!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sonn
      Participant
      1810 posts Send Private Message

Joey hates having her nails cut more than anything in the world. It is an actual nightmare to cut her nails myself. But since vets are emergency only right now I had to do it.

She’s been pouting in her crinkly tube for hours.

• prince dorian the bun
        Participant
        766 posts Send Private Message

Poor traumatized drama bun!

Nail clipping is my least favorite task, especially the back feet. I have to tackle Dorian’s here in a bit and he acts like I am killing him… I can’t even do the tap tap with out him squeaking and pulling his paw away as if in pain, when I am nowhere near the quick. Lucky his nails are clear, or I would have no way of gaging. I have found if I have someone feed him raisins during the ordeal he some how manages to tolerate it all 😀 .

• Louiethebunny
          Participant
          604 posts Send Private Message

My method is clip, treat, clip, treat. I have been picking up Louie’s feet so he grows to tolerate it, and every time he lets me hold his foot or clip a nail calmly, i give him a little treat.

• DanaNM
            9050 posts Send Private Message

That’s some expert-level pouting!

Bun Jovi expresses his dissatisfaction with me after nail trims with lots of thumping and begrudging treat-acceptance.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• jerseygirl
              22345 posts Send Private Message

The thought of them *actually* pouting makes me laugh. 😄

Poor Joey, I’m sure she’ll come around though.

Sonn, I’ve forgotten.. but did you name her Joey because……. Pacey???!  I feel really dumb for only just making this connection. Lol

• Hazel
                Participant
                2587 posts Send Private Message

Poor Joey! I hope she forgives you soon.

Oscar is pretty good about nail clipping, the hubby holds him while I clip. When he’s back on the ground he’ll do a round of foot flicking, then he’ll come back and demand his mandatory post nail clipping craisin. After that he’s fine and acts like nothing happened. Maybe he just has a bad memory 😉

• Sonn
                  Participant

Jersey the shelter named her Joey because of Pacey and then taunted me until I adopted her.😂

• Sonn
                    Participant

Dorian- I have to do it all on my own. Too bad I can’t train my dog to feed her raisins! Lol

Dana- This is her first at home nail clipping and she was not happy about it at all!

Hazel- She was good with me after some pouting and bananas.

• Azerane
                      4689 posts Send Private Message

How cute is that! 😀 Mine actually tolerate being clipped quite well, but Apollo will always pout afterwards. Though to be honest I’m not sure if it’s the clipping that he’s protesting, or the being carried back to the pen. The moment I set him down he runs off while flicking his feet at me. It’s a very rude telling off, lol.

• Sonn
                        Participant

Joey tolerates most things but she hates having her nails clipped or her feet touched in general. Oh no! The feet flicking! LOL. He’s giving you a serious talking to.

• Bladesmith
                          Participant
                          849 posts Send Private Message

OOo you got bunny butt pout.   I had to give up on clipping nails, my eyesight has gotten so bad I can’t focus that closely anymore.  So I take the kids to my vet.  It’s pricey, $20 per Bun, but worth it to save my eyes and their toes.  Added bonuses, my vets office ADORES my bunnies, especially Loki, and the bunny ire gets turned towards them and not me.  (Plus I keep treats in the car for after.  I’m not above bribery.)

• Sonn
                            Participant

I usually take her to the vet. It is $5 here thankfully. But everything is closed except emergencies so I had to do it myself. She hates it I hate it so it is just a big mess all around.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE The Pouting!