Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Standing and sitting down

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ginger&Seal
      Participant
      74 posts Send Private Message

Hey guys, my bunny ate his afternoon veggies and his digestive treat for the afternoon, now I decided to offer a treat and he didn’t come running. I have administered 2 ml of simethicone these past 2 hours and I’m letting him chill hoping it’ll pass, I checked his stomach feels fine, not bloated. Now I’m noticing he’s standing up and sitting down like constantly ish. what does it mean, is he in pain?

• DanaNM
        9050 posts Send Private Message

It does sound like he is in some discomfort, and gas is a possible culprit since he ate recently. Can you give him a tummy rub? Gently encouraging movement can help as well.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ginger&Seal
          Participant

He is running around now but keeps avoiding the hay hopefully he will start to eat soon.

• DanaNM

Have you noticed if he’s pooped?

How long has it been since he ate?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ginger&Seal
              Participant

hes eating hay <<33333 ugh i get so stressed out when things like this happen. Its been a couple of days since I have given him celery and today I gave him some for his afternoon food could that have caused it.

• DanaNM

Whew! Glad he’s eating again!

Is he molting by chance? Sometimes my buns have had weird spells when they are molting.

• Ginger&Seal
                  Participant

No i don’t think so his poops have been fine with no hair attached. And i brushed him on Thursday and i barley got anything out. Idk maybe it was the celery, i have given them celery in the past i wonder why this happened maybe bc it’s been a while since i gave him some.

• Ginger&Seal
                    Participant

I do see his new hair coming in because there’s a line on his side dividing his old hair and new hair could that be a sign of molting?

• Bam
                      16951 posts Send Private Message

Yes, that’s called a molt line, buns get those when they’re molting. Some buns even get bald spots when they molt.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Standing and sitting down