Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Spring/March madness?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      446 posts Send Private Message

HareIvoryWhiskers made a post about her bun Bramble and I’m having the same issues with Thumper; he’s chewing the bars on his x-pen almost non-stop, not using his litterbox (which he is usually excellent at), digging and chewing his fleece blanket (to the point where I have to pull it to it’s original position and I’ll find holes and wet spots), digging and eating Blossom’s hay only (even though I give him fresh hay everyday) and spilled water out of his previous water bowl (to the point where I had to switch to using the Kaytee carrot bowls). I love Thumper so much, I really do (and I hate myself for admitting this) but he’s been driving me crazy. Is this Spring/March Madness? If so how long will this last for?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Bam
        16921 posts Send Private Message

I read your post in Bramble’s thread, and yes, it sounds like March madness. An intact rabbit will be more affected than a desexed rabbit. It’s of course not possible to say how long it will last, but say a month more? The pace of the change in daylight hours is slower the closer we are to the solstices. The most rapid change happens around the equinoxes (this year the  equinox of spring was on March 20). Rabbits react profoundly to this.

There’s not a lot you can do about it, unfortunately. It is a force of nature, rabbits are hardwired to reproduce during the warmer season.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Spring/March madness?