Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Spraying?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ellen
      Participant
      37 posts Send Private Message

My bun has been neutered for several months now but I’m starting to notice what I think are spray marks on my wall? It’s usually in or right next to his litter box. There’s no other animals in the home, does anyone know why this may happen and how to stop it?

• Wick & Fable
        5810 posts Send Private Message

Could it be from feet flicking, if this is occurring near the litter box? If there are any different scents or re-arrangements in the home, that may be facilitating it as well.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Ellen
            Participant
            37 posts Send Private Message

oh okay thank you! I also had another question just out of curiosity, does you bunny ever poop in their sleep? I noticed sometimes my bun will be sleeping and then get up and there’s one or two poops under him! It’s easy to clean up so it’s not a big deal I just found it funny

• DanaNM
              9050 posts Send Private Message

Bun Jovi does this! He does it often actually, it’s pretty funny. He’s also 13 so I really can’t blame him!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bam
              16951 posts Send Private Message

This time of year even neutered buns can becime a bit hormonal. It’s due to the increase in amount of daylight that occurs this time of year. Light sends a signal to the pineal gland, which stimulates the release of sex hormones and inhibits the secretion of melatonin (sleep hormone). The adrenal glands can release testosterone in both female and male desexed rabbits. It’s as a rule just temporary and will subside ina few weeks. Pee spraying, poop marking, circling, nipping, grunting and mounting are normal signs of  a bun in luuvv. It may be inconvenient, but it’s temporary. I had a bun who displayed these behaviors a year after he’d been neutered – but not the subsequent years.

• LBJ10
                16999 posts Send Private Message

If this is feet flicking, as Wick suggested, could you try using a different litter? Perhaps what you’re using isn’t absorbent enough.

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Spraying?