Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE She’s home!!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
    • Azerane
      4689 posts Send Private Message

Guess who came home today

In the end I picked her up instead of the breeder dropping her off because the breeder had been unwell. The poor thing cried the whole hour drive home. When we got home she couldn’t get enough of me and she followed me around like a puppy for hours, cuddling me etc. So sweet   We had a nap on the couch together. Her curiosity is of course insatiable and trying to type this post is quite difficult indeed while trying to supervise. She oozed confidence when we got home until she noticed the other pets

As far as the other pets go, things have been surprisingly good. Poor little Jasiri was scared of all Dory’s noises (of course) but then also of the sound of the buns moving around and it was about 3-4 hours before I could get her playing. Dory has been quite amazing. She had one screaming fit early on, but every time Jasiri has been in the same room she’s been silent, which is nothing short of a miracle. But I’m really pleased about. Especially since on a couple of random occasions Jasiri has just run straight under her cage before I could stop her which I was sure would set Dory off screaming. The bunnies for the most part seem rather indifferent, though Luna has thumped once.

I was a bit concerned that she wasn’t really eating at first, despite being hungry. But she’s had a decent amount for dinner now which is good. Even though I have to stand by her while she eats because she jumps at so many sounds that she wouldn’t keep eating otherwise.

Have a few cute pics taken from my phone. I’ve taken a bunch on my nice camera too but I haven’t yet got around in reinstalling a photo editor to sort that out.

• Bam
        16957 posts Send Private Message

Welcome home, Jasiri! She looks like a beautiful baby lynx =)

• jerseygirl
          22345 posts Send Private Message

So purrrtty! Tiny lil face. Hi Jasiri !
            Do you think you’ll end up calling her Jas (Jazz or Jazzy) as a sort of nickname. I spy a JZ in the background, btw!

• Azerane

She is just gorgeous

lol, Jersey, It’s actually an OZ from an Oz-pet branded bag but the light reflection makes it a J  Not sure on nicknames yet, there’ll probably be plenty though.

• Vienna Blue in France
              Participant
              5317 posts Send Private Message

In Q8s very own words……. Squuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!

So Az…. no regrets on getting the earlier kitten…. LOLOLOL.

She’ll settle in before you know it. Cali was literally the description of a “scaredy” cat when she arrived and crawled tummy on floor pretty much everywhere. Now she sleeps on my head.

• Vienna Blue in France
                Participant

I’m calling her Jazzy already….. im with bam, Jasiri sounds like the news channel….

• Bladesmith
                  Participant
                  849 posts Send Private Message

She’s adorable!

• Azerane

Safe to say I’m pretty tired this morning. Kittens are not conducive to a good night’s sleep, lol. First she wanted to play and attack us through the blankets any time we moved. Then she was just walking all over us. She slept on us for a bit before sleeping under the bed. Then she came back up and was determined to get under the covers, which would be fine if it didn’t result in her attacking me any time I moved a tiny bit, lol (it both tickles and scratches!). But eventually she did settle down again and slept for another two hours curled up against my neck (so cute).

She finally used the litter tray this morning and boy did that smell, it made Apollo start thumping, lol. I cleaned it up straight away. Once I get her food switched over she should be less smelly.

She had a meet and greet with the bunnies this morning. She was brave enough to stay by the playpen as first Apollo, then Luna came up to sniff noses. Luna wasn’t too impressed but Apollo and Jasiri spent quite a bit of time sniffing and moving along opposite sides of the pen. Unfortunately, Luna tried to bite Apollo’s nose off for it, but what can you do. The situation with Dory is a bit more concerning, Dory has been great. When Dory is calling, Jasiri is scared. But Jasiri has started being bold enough around Dory’s cage to actually take an interest in Dory, this strange flappy thing that makes twitching movements like a toy. She gets this playful glint in her eye sitting by the cage staring up at Dory so I know I’m going to have to watch out for that. It would only take one bite for her to learn, but one bite for a kitten is a missing ear, paw or nose.

So Vienna, definitely no regrets of course I think once she adjusts to Dory’s random noises she’ll settle in a lot better too. I do have a little trouble getting her to eat because she keeps flinching at unknown sounds but that should improve. That being said I’m really not sure how much a kitten normally eats in one sitting. I did weigh her yesterday and she was 1350g, so I can at least keep track of her growth and make sure she’s getting enough food. She’s such a sweet personality

• LBJ10
                      17014 posts Send Private Message

Uh… you mean Jasiri Pigeon, right? I can tell everyone is going to love Jazzy Pigeon already. She is so freaking adorable!

• Boston's Mama
                        Participant
                        1452 posts Send Private Message

She looks like the lioness of her pridelands in the last photo
                          she Is adorable ! Welcome home Jasiri

• Vienna Blue in France
                          Participant

Jazzy P.

Oooh (sucks in breath as Eureka moment happens…….)

J.P. !!!!!!!!

• Hazel
                            Participant
                            2587 posts Send Private Message

Aww, she’s beautiful! Happy to hear that Vixey has made it home safe and sound. Is the other litter going to be from the same sire?

How big is she supposed to get?

• LittlePuffyTail
                              18092 posts Send Private Message

Super adorable!!!!! Congrats!

• LBJ10

Clearly you are mistaken Hazel. There is no Vixey here. :p

But Pigeon… yes, Pigeon is gorgeous. Hehe!

• LBJ10

Oh, I like that Vienna! J.P.!

• Azerane

She is so gorgeous She seemed pretty content when I got home from work today. We shut her in the spare room with her toys etc, but she has a nice view of the garden to watch birds. She was curled up on the bed in front of the window when I came in the room so it seems like she did ok. She has such a wonderful personality.

She should end up about 4kg (8.8lbs). Her mum is pretty small, but I think she’s the largest kitten of the litter, so we’ll see. Dad is a good size. Not sure who dad will be if we get a tawny boy further down the track. Dad may be the same, but he also could end up being a new boy they recently imported from Denmark.

I could easily waste the whole day away playing with her then snuggling with her and sleeping. She’s a good snuggler About 2am this morning she climbed up on my neck and slept there till my alarm went off.

• Vienna Blue in France
                                      Participant

Oooooh yes. Welcome to the world of nighttime head wraps and scarves made from cat-fur!!!!
                                        Completely legal as the cats are still purring and no animals were harmed during the making of these fashion accessories….

• Luna
                                        Participant
                                        2219 posts Send Private Message

What a cute lil pigeon! I’m sure Jasiri will settle in soon, and she’ll have so many friends to play with!

• Azerane

Excuse my absence. I’ve had important adorable things to attend to.

Everything is going really well. She’s settled in so well and is growing more crazy by the day, lol. Last time I had a kitten I was 8 years old so I’d forgotten just how hilarious they are. I think I’ve laughed more in the past four days than I have in a long time She sleeps pretty much all through the night with me when I go to bed, and hasn’t needed to use the litter tray in the bedroom which is a huge plus. She’s had no litter tray issues and her poop is not stinking out the house within three seconds since she’s changed to her raw food. Our only two issues are her inclanation to drag raw chicken bones to carpeted areas of the house to finish them off when I’m not looking, and when she’s been sniffing around near the bunnies etc Apollo and Luna have a few minutes of “I’m boss” chasing and nipping.

But she’s confident, affectionate, and can self play which is also great because it means I know she’s having fun when she’s shut in the spare room while we’re at work. It’s also really nice to have a pet I can cuddle again Her favourite toy is a ping pong ball and she does parkour off the furniture while chasing it

Needless to say, I’m in love

• Vienna Blue in France
                                            Participant

Sounds a nightmare….. do you have a one month “return and refund” policy ??

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE She’s home!!