Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.ย  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.ย  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best.ย 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time.ย 

BUNNY 911 –ย If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?ย  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules.ย 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! ย Don’t have a vet? Check outย VET RESOURCESย 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited.ย The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.ย  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE September chat thread

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bam
      16957 posts Send Private Message

Hoppy Labor Day!!!

I hope everybunny has had a great summer ๐Ÿ‡๐ŸŒž

I am about to fail fostering a bun. She’ll be my first girl bun, and she’s gorgeous. Here she’s seen napping on her homemade “hop’nflop”:

• DanaNM
        9050 posts Send Private Message

Yaaaaay foster fails! <3

She is so beautiful! And I love that “hop’n flop”! I bet Coop would love something like that. ๐Ÿ™‚

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bam

She really is beautiful! But then I do think it’d be very difficult to find an ugly bun ๐Ÿคฃ

The hop’n flop was very easy to sew. I made it for my bun Vilde, but he never cared for it. I think perhaps it appeals to younger rabbits more? It wasnt so long ago since she was alo cuddled up in a nest next to her litter mates.

• Wick & Fable
            5812 posts Send Private Message

Oh my GOODNESS. You were set up for failure from the start. So excited to hear about what this journey will be like for both of you!!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
              17012 posts Send Private Message

OMG, I’m in love!

Ugh, it’s been hot here again. I know I complain now, but I will be wanting it to be warm once winter gets here. LOL

• DanaNM

In other news, we trimmed all the buns’ nails tonight. Feels so good to get them all done! Everyone has mostly forgiven me LOL

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• ParsleyBun
                    Participant
                    123 posts Send Private Message

How do you suggest cleaning my bun’s anal glands with minimal stress? ๐Ÿ™

• DanaNM

This is the way I’ve done it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x9dbSUdomg&ab_channel=Howcast

But I’ve only had to do it a handful of times with my buns, they’ve usually done a pretty good job keeping them clean themselves.

• ParsleyBun
                        Participant
                        123 posts Send Private Message

Thank you!

• LBJ10

It’s good they have (mostly) forgiven you. Grudges around here can last a lot longer than just a couple of hours. ๐Ÿ™„

• DanaNM

It’s funny, Bun Jovi hates nail trims the most, but is always the fastest to forgive! I think he just forgets in his old age LOL

• Hazel
                            Participant
                            2587 posts Send Private Message

Oh my, Bam, she’s adorable! ๐Ÿ˜€ย  I think you were set up… ๐Ÿ˜‰

The hop’n flop is great, I want one!

• BZOO
                              Participant
                              331 posts Send Private Message

What’s her name?ย  Beautiful coloring she’s got.

• LBJ10

Pigeon? I think her name is Pigeon…ย  Yep, that’s it.

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

• Bam

@Hazel: I wasn’t sure I was emotionally ready for another bun yet. There are diy vids online on how to sew a pillow like that, but you can make a similar thing of an old sweater ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@BZOO
                                    : Her name is Snow ๐Ÿฅฐ

@LBJ10
                                    : Pigeon ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

• LBJ10

Snow, Pigeon… sounds the same to me.

• Bam

@LBJ20 It is practically the same too ๐Ÿคฃ

• DanaNM

What about… Snow Pigeon? A majestic creature for sure LOL

• Susanne
                                          Participant
                                          422 posts Send Private Message

Regardless of name, that is one adorable bun!

The bunny highlight of my month so far: Last weekend I woke up to a splashing sound and the rabbits tearing out of the bathroom. Got up to find Ruby wet and water splashed everywhere around the toilet… She had to have jumped all the way in and back out ๐Ÿ˜†

• jerseygirl
                                            22345 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to BB beautiful bunny-girl!

@Hazel
                                              , did you mean a hopnflop for yourself? ๐Ÿ˜„ย 2 body pillows maybe??

@Susanne
                                              omg, nightmare!

• Hazel
                                                Participant
                                                2587 posts Send Private Message

@jerseygirl Well I wasn’t before your post, but NOW I am! Sorry Oscar, I’m getting one first! ๐Ÿ˜†ย  I already have two body pillows…

• Bam

@jerseygirl Hi!

@Susanne
                                                  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Rabbits do like to scare their hooms!

• prince dorian the bun
                                                  Participant
                                                  766 posts Send Private Message

Bam – she really is pretty! Congrats! She looks big too? I am a little confused about her name though ๐Ÿ˜€

Dorian got his nails trimmed a few days ago too (well I think I got them all, it was a lot of drama). He doesn’t really hold huge grudges, but he does demand extra large piece of pineapple for his suffering. Also finally finishing off a very long molt but luckily no stasis this round.

Hope everyone is doing well and didn’t get caught up in any of the bad weather everywhere seemed to have (or fires)

• LBJ10

Snow Pigeon! I like it! Who cares if it makes sense.

No fires here… just smoke from fires elsewhere. Very annoying.

• prince dorian the bun
                                                      Participant
                                                      766 posts Send Private Message

yeah, the smoke can be horrible. We have been mostly lucky to miss the worst of it this year, just a week or two in August.

I don’t know what you are saying there, her name is obviously Apricot Jam! ๐Ÿ˜€ย  (but I may consider Snow Pigeon as a close 2nd)

• longhairmike
                                                        Participant
                                                        1069 posts Send Private Message

wow,, i haven’t been here in fricking ages. i guess forums are just not something i really pay much attention to anymore.

I’m down to 4 bunnies now,, i lost my Butters (from my 2013 rescued pair) to cancer last month.. he’d had 3 facial sarcoma removal surgeries since december, and was scheduled for the 4th, but it was growing so damn fast and the two of them connected around his skull in just a week (it grew to egg size in only 6 weeks since the last removal) i couldn’t put him under the knife again.

• DanaNM

Welcome back @longhairmike! I’m sorry for your loss of Butters ๐Ÿ™

• LBJ10

Hi @longhairmike! I saw you lurking a little bit so I came here to say hi. And here you are! I’m sorry to hear about Butters. ๐Ÿ™

Apricot Jam? No no no no no…

• Bam

Hi @longhairmike! I’m sorry you lost Butters. ๐Ÿ’”

Viewing 24 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE September chat thread