Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Rabbit isn’t eating but still active

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • bumpybunny
      Participant
      155 posts Send Private Message

So this morning my rabbit didn’t eat her pellets or salad. I’m used to her not wanting her salad sometimes so that’s no big deal, but she always eats her pellets. She’s still active and playing like normal, eating some hay (but not as much) and eating some vegetables. It’s now almost 12 hours later and she’s still doing the same thing but she will randomly take a pellet from me once in a while and the rest of the time she refuses it. What could be wrong? Should I be worried? I just got her a new bag of hay, I’m wondering if she doesn’t like it and is mad. Any ideas? She also wouldn’t eat her oxbow digestive tablet that she goes crazy for.

she has some episodes every once in a while where she gets gas and won’t eat. This is different from that, because she is still playing and not seeming to be in pain. I still have her some gas drops just in case a few times today, but it did nothing. She’s only eating her forage treats, chewing her toys, and a little hay and some vegetables here and there.

• LBJ10
        16972 posts Send Private Message

Hmm… well, she’s still eating something so that’s good at least. Could her teeth be bothering her? Bunnies will become selective with their food when there’s a tooth problem. Usually hay is the first to go, but not always.

• bumpybunny
            Participant
            155 posts Send Private Message

That’s what I was wondering too. She has slowly finished her salad and pellets over the last few hours. What’s weird is that she will now eat as many pellets as I give her, but only if I feed them to her on the spoon that I keep in the pellet jar. If I hand them to her, or put them on the ground she won’t eat them. I’ve tried washing my hands and feeding her but it didn’t make a difference. If anyone has any clue what’s going on here I’d love to hear it because I am so confused lol. At least she is eating now though, so hopefully it stays that way and I’m hoping I won’t need to spoon feed her in the morning hahaha

I’m honestly wondering if she’s just doing this for attention at this point lol.

• Bam
            16925 posts Send Private Message

I too would suspect teeth. It doesnt have to be a very serious issue, some buns are sensitive. Teeth problems should be adressed swiftly though, if allowed to progress they can become very serious. A vet needs to examine he mouth with an otoscope, because its not possible to see the cheek teeth without an otoscope.

She’s not doing this for attention.

• DanaNM
              9031 posts Send Private Message

I agree with others, this sounds like it could def be dental pain. I would keep offering her whatever she will eat and get her checked by a vet ASAP to ensure it doesn’t turn to stasis. Definitely unlikely to be doing it for attention.

She might like some pellet mash or recovery food, so you could try offering that as well!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Rabbit isn’t eating but still active