Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE puppy for bunny?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

MY Henry has been struggling since ‘his’ dog left him. Should I get him a new puppy OR get him used to living life on his own? 

• Deleted User
        Participant

It really depends on the dog, not just the breed, but the actual puppy you bring home. Puppies can be very hyper and could potential stress him out and scare him. Just because he was fine with one dog, doesn’t mean he’d be fine with the rest. I think if you get a puppy you’d really have to do a lot of training to get them to be simmered down around your bunny.

• LBJ10
          17014 posts Send Private Message

I think it would be beneficial to Henry if he had a new friend. I agree with A&B, you will definitely need to take personality into consideration when picking out a new dog. They might not be friends right away, of course. But I think with the right dog (and some training), it would be possible for a bond to form.

• Deleted User
            Participant

Oh thank you A&B and LBJ.
              Henry has been through 3 dog’s. He went from Sam to Frank and is now onto George.
              Back when…. we left our AC on with ‘3’ dog’s and Henry in the ONE room when we went out in Summer. Henry was NEVER locked away. He was the boss of the dog’s. LBJ knows this!
              We raise our dog’s to be kind. My concern was NOT about a mean naughty dog. It was about if Henry could love again – he has ONLY known Sam, Frank and George. Thanks for your help, I super appreciate it.

• LBJ10

Yes, Henry definitely thinks he is top bunny (or dog?)! His attachment to your dogs though tells me that he would likely be open to another friend. I don’t see why it would be any different than someone getting a new bunny to ease the broken heart of the surviving bunny of a bonded pair. Some bunnies just do better with a friend. So as long as the new dog is calm and gentle enough, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be worth a shot.

• Deleted User
                Participant

Ta LBJ. Henry is being super naughty and disruptive – guessing his way of showing/telling us he’s not happy. He’s missing his pet dog. We have agreed we can’t get a new puppy yet, not with George being completely blind and turning 16 in September. We will consider it next year. In the meantime, Henry will just have to learn to love us they way we love HIM! 

How are going since losing Cash? I have always thought of you…. 

• LBJ10

That’s understandable. Sometimes an old dog just doesn’t appreciate a young puppy running around and causing mischief. When Cash was a puppy, her favorite thing was annoying my in-laws’ older dog.

The house feels very empty without Cash, even almost 2 years later. We still talk about her every day. We have some good memories of her and we will laugh sometimes thinking about them. I’m glad we are able to laugh now. It wasn’t that way in the beginning.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE puppy for bunny?