Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Post a photo of your black bunny/black blob!

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
    • sarahthegemini
      Participant
      5584 posts Send Private Message

Inspired by the “are black bunnies unpopular” thread, I thought this would be fun. Those of you with black rabbits, post the best photo you have of them…and the worse 

Not gunna lie,  I absolutely love this pic of Peanut (and wanted an excuse to post it ):

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And the worse. The camera quality is bad in this pic anyway but he is just a dark blob :

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Edit: Pics are sideways but they worked! Anyway, share yours!

• OnyxMoon
        Participant
        260 posts Send Private Message

This first one is a perfect example of Onyx. He looks so cute, so innocent.. as he sits next to and on a puddle of pee that he decided would suit my bed perfectly! 

This one is Onyx snuggling with me on a typical day. 

• Harley&Thumper
          Participant
          444 posts Send Private Message

Thumper decided to pose

Thmper refused to pose

• kurottabun
            Participant
            908 posts Send Private Message

Kurotta is not fully black so it’s slightly easier to get a photo of him…although there are still challenges when the angle doesn’t show his otter colours, as illustrated below:

First pic: If you see from afar you may think it’s his butt facing the camera…until you see the eyes o_o
              Second pic: Otter colours revealed!

• ThorBunny
              Participant
              824 posts Send Private Message

Black buns are so hard to photograph! Although I’ve gotten better over time. 

I usually delete the really horrible ones, but here’s a funny example of Thor blending in to her ceramic tiles. I would have picked black ones too to make it hard on myself…

And one of my favorites of her: Picture perfect if not for the molt line

• sarahthegemini
                Participant

Some awesome photos  

Onyx does look innocent. I’m tempted to think someone framed him with that puddle  Thumper is adorable, I wish I could put hats on mine! Thor looks adorable, very elegant and I hadn’t even noticed the moult line at first! 

I made the mistake initially of having the bunny’s play mat be black so of course the only way I could spot Peanut was because of his feet  

Kurroto has the cutest, squishiest cheeks EVERRR! But is disqualified as he has white parts 

• Sirius&Luna
                  Participant
                  2320 posts Send Private Message

Black blob bunnies are the best!

Here’s Atlas not looking too blobby – he saves looking like a black blob for when I’m trying to take a photo of more than one. 

And here’s the blob in a group 

• sarahthegemini
                    Participant

ATLAS!!!!!! You know I have a soft spot for Nim, but Atlas has a special place in my heart. What with him and Peanut being basically twins. That bow tie 

• Bam
                      16957 posts Send Private Message

Here’s a typical blob picture of my blob:

98% of all Bam-pictures look like this. No, to be honest, 99%  Plus he looks fat in this picture and he hates it when he looks fat. He isn’t fat, he weighed in at 2010 g this week. 

As for good pictures, i don’t really have any 

• Sr. Melangell
                        Participant
                        1708 posts Send Private Message

Hi there, I’m not 100% black, but this was taken before my big molt, I’m more of a very dark brown now.

• Bam

Hi Charlie’s Angel!!! haven’t seen you around for a bit! Hope all is well with you!

• Sr. Melangell
                            Participant
                            1708 posts Send Private Message

Posted By bam on 4/20/2018 3:24 AM

Hi Charlie’s Angel!!! haven’t seen you around for a bit! Hope all is well with you!

We are great thank you, hope you are OK too.

• HaruBun
                              Participant
                              14 posts Send Private Message

Saw this and wanted to join in on the fun since I got my new bunny. He is so hard to take photos of ?

• jerseygirl
                                22345 posts Send Private Message

Yay for all the beautiful black bunnies!!!

Im actually looking after a number of black buns at the moment. The majority of my friends rabbits are black. I won’t post photos without their permission though.
                                  But its been a novelty for me, all that glossy black fur. Ive looked after black bunners before but not multiples.

• sarahthegemini
                                  Participant

HaruBun, so fluffy  Absolutely gorgeous! 

Bam, such a handsome bun. And he isn’t fat looking, just fluffy  According to his weight, he’s roughly the same size as Peanut

• sarahthegemini
                                    Participant

Posted By Charlies Angel on 4/20/2018 3:22 AM

Hi there, I’m not 100% black, but this was taken before my big molt, I’m more of a very dark brown now.

Those ears 

• GeorgieTheBunny
                                      Participant
                                      212 posts Send Private Message

So many beautiful bunnies I started thinking on how I was going to mention a super cutie – then I kept scrolling and they’re all super cuties!
                                        I don’t mind black bunnies – I think they’re gorgeous

• sarahthegemini
                                        Participant

What colour undercoat do your bun’s have? Peanut’s is a greyish-taupe, the same colour as underneath his paws 

• ThorBunny
                                          Participant
                                          824 posts Send Private Message

Thor’s bright white underneath the black exterior

• Harley&Thumper
                                            Participant
                                            444 posts Send Private Message

Thumper’s undercoat is a lovely silver grey

• sarahthegemini
                                              Participant

Posted By ThorBunny on 4/25/2018 7:19 AM

Thor’s bright white underneath the black exterior

She’s a secret penguin 

• Wick & Fable
                                                5812 posts Send Private Message

Wick isn’t technically an entire black blob, but at some angles, he is definitely a puddle of tar.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• JPetrucci84
                                                  Participant
                                                  256 posts Send Private Message

If I’m on the couch, she’s on the couch.

• OnyxMoon
                                                    Participant
                                                    260 posts Send Private Message

So cuuuute!! I love black buns, but lets be honest, all bunnies are seriously cute!!

• Bam

That’s a lovely picture, JPetrucci!

• Sleepy
                                                        Participant
                                                        190 posts Send Private Message

Took this while playing Poke Go! Unfortunately, while Guinness is a black otter, the black hole blob strikes again.

• Bam

Haha, Sleepy! That’s exactly how a black blob pic should look! You practically need to draw an arrow and write “rabbit” for people to know there’s a bun in that pic. (I know this because I’m something of an expert at taking black blob pix after 6.5 years with a black blob).

• Bunny Daddy
                                                            Participant
                                                            375 posts Send Private Message
                                                              Here’s my little blob, Duchess. 

• JPetrucci84
                                                              Participant
                                                              256 posts Send Private Message

Posted By bam on 4/26/2018 8:04 AM

That’s a lovely picture, JPetrucci!

Thank you!

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                Participant
                                                                703 posts Send Private Message

I like the head tilt on Duchess.

“Really?! Are you kidding me with this?!”

• Sleepy
                                                                  Participant
                                                                  190 posts Send Private Message

Posted By bam on 4/26/2018 5:14 PM

Haha, Sleepy! That’s exactly how a black blob pic should look! You practically need to draw an arrow and write “rabbit” for people to know there’s a bun in that pic. (I know this because I’m something of an expert at taking black blob pix after 6.5 years with a black blob).

Yep xD. I wanted to get a better picture but she hopped away before I could adjust lighting, as buns are wont to do.

• sarahthegemini
                                                                    Participant

Loving these pictures guys  Keep the black blobs coming!

• graysonbun
                                                                      Participant
                                                                      123 posts Send Private Message

i’m very late to this awesome thread… but 3 out of 4 buns that I’ve had have been black/almost all black – so I know the pain of trying to take a decent picture!!

the netherland dwarf is ollie, and the mini lop is leo!! 

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                        Participant
                                                                        703 posts Send Private Message

Well I’d say the ones you just posted are more than decent. Very cute!!

• Kayla&Cookie
                                                                          Participant
                                                                          7 posts Send Private Message

My 9 year old baby Cookie 

• sarahthegemini
                                                                            Participant

All so adorable 

Do any of you have other black animals that are hard to photograph? We used to have a black cat but she also had a white belly and little white feet We have a black and tan German shepherd who has lightened up quite a bit but her face was verrry dark when she was younger. You could never see her features in pictures.

• Toki
                                                                              Participant
                                                                              7 posts Send Private Message

Black bunnies are one of my favorites!! Here’s Mushu<3

Viewing 36 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Post a photo of your black bunny/black blob!