Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A poo looks like cavier!!! Help

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Beeslee
      Participant
      147 posts Send Private Message

Not sure what this means but B just had a poo in a small cluster that looks like cavier (only way to descripe it)  Smells almost like cecals but it also smells like poo poo.  She is eating a little bit of hay and had some of her parsley etc. tonight but is not as hungery as she always is.  Anyone have any idea??  Does she have a tummy ache?? 

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

Yup that’s cecals -Has she had any extra goodies lately? (re; ask your family-usualy the men try to make friends by giving lots of treats ) Generally not eating cecals or cecal over productin is because of a diet thats too rich; If it just happened likely she’s had some goodies

Nothing to freak out about, especially since you’re giving a good diet. If you can’t find a reason (like someone sneaking her treats) how much pellets are you giving-sometimes its too many pellets

• Beeslee
          Participant

OMG I am freaking out!!! Can you tell I’m a first time bun owner LOL! They are soooo small and that’s what made me worry. Never have seen them this small. Almost looked like a blackberry sitting there in her box but when I went a grabbed a paper towel it fell apart like cavier, so small.
            She usually has one oxbow papaya tablet and one craisin at night but no other sweets. She does get a small handfull of pellets a night also. I have been cutting her back on those. She was hiding under the bed all day and finally came out and played for a 1/2 hours with me but I could tell she was not feelling well bc she usually charges out from under the bed to greet me. I’ve seen her cecals before but never ever this small and somewhat pooee’ smelling. Ick. I will keep my eye out on her. BTW no one sneaking her treats unless it’s the cat!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

It’s hard not to freak out but usually a cecal-episode ins’t too bad to worry for-especially if she’s eating and pooping and playing…How much pellets does she get and are tey timothy or alfalfa based?

• Beeslee
              Participant

Oxbow Basic T I feed her. It is timothy based. Well I feed her a handfull, a scoop in my hand, not a big scoop but a small one. Def less that 1/4 cup for sure. I use it as a treat at night for being good and going back into her xpen as well as the craisin. She comes hoping doing the bunny 500 back to her cage when she hears the tupperware container move.

This morning everything looked normal. She hopping back and forth in her xpen waking me up to feed her and I also saw a huge pile of poos in her litter box. It worried me last night that she had not pooed after the episode with the cecal so I did bunny message on her last night. Well she was in bunny heaven!!! She loves loves her messages!!

Well for me I barely got any sleep, kept peeking in her box for poos and sometime in the middle of the night I must have passed out! Thank you so much for helping me out and I mean helping me out LOL!!! I am such a over the top person with my animals that any small thing just freaks me out! Lesson learned…..don’t freak out for at least a few hours later!

• Balefulregards
                Participant
                715 posts Send Private Message

Mine has occasional odd extra cecals too – I almost always find that Child or husband have been over indulgent in the papaya tablets!
                  (which is why she gets so excited when she sees them a-heading into the room)

• MooBunnay
                  Participant
                  3087 posts Send Private Message

Hahahaha – I’ve never heard the comparison to caviar before Sometimes mine also have a cecal or two that they miss. One of my little boy bunnies occasionally gets distracted (he’s an OCD netherland dwarf) and will forget to eat his cecal. If that happens I do usually skip the treats for a couple days just to make sure that he is eating plenty of hay and not overproducing his cecals. It is very good for you to be aware of any changes in poops or eating habits, so even though this was nothing, it is a very good bunny-owner instinct to be sensitive about those kinds of things, but don’t freak yourself out too much!

• Beeslee
                    Participant

Yea MooBunnay this is the only way I could describe them when they feel apart LOL! It looked like a blackbarry when it was all bunched up. Weird. I’ve cut out the craisin at night so now it’s only one oxbow tablet and a few bits of the pellets. Everything looks good so far and she’s eating her fresh veggies and also her hay. Don’t think she’s happy thought bc she gives me the stink eye now bc the craisin is missing. Hopefully in a few days she’ll get over it….gee I hope!

Baleful – know what you mean about the excitement. She runs me over just to get to her xpen for her treat!!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A poo looks like cavier!!! Help