Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums BEHAVIOR please help!!

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    vanessa
    Participant

Well – your options are wire, wood, or plastic… I might just hold out and wait a few months. She is about 5 months old? So she could be spayed at 6, then wait a month, and at 7 months, see how she is doing and maybe once (hopefully) she has calmed down, you can make a better determination on what type of pen to construct. I know that doesn’t help you now… She sounds really frusrated.

Shaina & Lucy
    Participant

that’s my plan to wait. she can get fixed the 16th of this month. she is frustrated and so am i because i try and calm her or anything and it’s nothing but aggression and a lot of bites to my feet and fingers so i’m just excited to get her fixed and hopefully that will solve at least some of her aggression. i was thinking of building a wood frame and plastic sides if she doesn’t stop her digging at the gate. if she would calm down even 20 percent from the way she is now it would be way better lol. i’ll just have to see how she changes after her spay.

Shaina & Lucy
    Participant

i made her a dig box….. it was a disaster. NOW, she loved it. that’s not the problem… and i’m so sad. i spent like an hour making a dig box perfect for her and got all natural plain dirt with no chemicals and not treated and no fertilizer and it was perfect and then……. i leave her alone for 5 seconds the WHOLE content of the dig box is ON MY CARPET. all of it she kicked and dug out all the dirt from the box and it was on the carpet and she was laying it in just happy as can be. now what?! i need something she will get into to but i need something she wont be able to kick and dig all the dirt out of… any thoughts?? i’m going to head to pintrest to see if i see anything that might help me out.

Shaina & Lucy
    Participant
    vanessa
    Participant

I use an extra large enclosed cat litter box. Then I took an 8-inch corrugated pipe, put it in the entrance, and wrapped a folded towl around the entrance piece, to keep it in place. The other end – I rested on a small footstep. It’s about 8 inches tall the footstep. Tied the corrugated pipe to the footstep. The pipe is about 2 feet long. That gives enough space so the dirt doesn’t get kicked out. I’ll take a pic of it tomorrow.

Shaina & Lucy
    Participant

oh ! that would be awesome if i could see what you did. i’m just glad i only spent like 5 bucks on the container i picked out lol. ill have to just buy a new one tomorrow and figure something else out. i’m so happy i found something she loves. i put her favorite treats in the dirt so she knew to dig and after that she was having a blast. i’ll link my facebook post lol so you can see just how bad it was .

Dig Box Fail lol

vanessa
    Participant

I couldn’t see the pic. But super glad you did find something she enjoys. I also went cheap when I was first experimented with dig boxes. My second reason for the tunnel – was to keep the cat out! Can’t have my cat using the dig box as a litter box! My 2 destructive bunnies are so destructive – that they even dig in my rock bed! I have 3 or 4 inches of rock in my flower gardens. This bunny digs in rocks… I filled up a bunny hole in the garden one day with rocks – and she dug al the rocks out.

Shaina & Lucy
    Participant

that’s crazy! i never had a digger before my first bun was soo chill i had no idea how crazy they got with digging lol. they are very strong for such small animals. i’m glad i found her something too i just now need to figure out how to keep the dirt in ha! i have one cat she is almost 15-16 years old now and she doesn’t get into her play pen so i’m not worried about that at all thankfully lol my cat actually hates Lucy xD patches is my cat and she teases Lucy and sits outside her cage and lucy goes nuts trying to get to her.

vanessa
    Participant

This is Lancelot’s dig box. He treats it well, so I don’t need to tie the end down. I only jamb the entrance in with dish towels. It’s an extra large cat litter box with 8-inch corrugated pipe. Bunny tunnels can be bought at pet stores that are colorful and cheaper than a 20ft piece of corrugated plumbing…

Shaina & Lucy
    Participant

i wish lucy would go through a tunnel she wont go in anything she can’t see her way out of it’s so weird. but!! i fixed my dig box issue. i got a long but tall clear box and i put one bag of dirt in it, it has no opening i put a small cardboard box next to it so she can jump in and out of it and SHE LOVES IT! with that said there are times where she digs to the bottom of the box and she goes to the wire play pen but if i just make it a habit to scoop all the dirt in one corner she loves then she will dig in that rather than the wire. which is so great! the digging at the wires has decreased i’d say by 50%. sometimes when she is feeling moody she will go for the cage lol but it has made me AND HER very happy. she is so much more loving and cuddly! it’s great. i’m looking forward to getting her fixed and hopefully become even less hyper active and calming down. thanks again for all the help! you guys are amazing i’m so glad i found this website!

Shaina & Lucy
    Participant

i wish lucy would go through a tunnel she wont go in anything she can’t see her way out of it’s so weird. but!! i fixed my dig box issue. i got a long but tall clear box and i put one bag of dirt in it, it has no opening i put a small cardboard box next to it so she can jump in and out of it and SHE LOVES IT! with that said there are times where she digs to the bottom of the box and she goes to the wire play pen but if i just make it a habit to scoop all the dirt in one corner she loves then she will dig in that rather than the wire. which is so great! the digging at the wires has decreased i’d say by 50%. sometimes when she is feeling moody she will go for the cage lol but it has made me AND HER very happy. she is so much more loving and cuddly! it’s great. i’m looking forward to getting her fixed and hopefully become even less hyper active and calming down. thanks again for all the help! you guys are amazing i’m so glad i found this website!

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.